Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Pending approvals

Default Pending approvals

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right place for this but i have a couple of pending approvals and I am a bit confused.

I suggested the new Spoons in Bloxwich back in September last year. It opened last week (I plan to visit next week) so I assumed the pub would be approved now it is open. I have just checked and it has been added by Hondo. According to the update page he suggested it on the 28th of Jan and it was approved the same day.

Will my pending approval stay there for ever ?

The same thing has happened with the Pump House in Shirley. I suggested it last September. It was suggested by John Mcgraw in November and approved in January !

If the 2 pubs had been submitted before I tried to add them I would understand mine not being approved but surely the first time a pub is suggested, that is the one that should be added ?

I know i don't add much to the site regarding reviews but i do try to add pubs in my area...

I would like to know why my suggestions were not approved ?

Cheers,

Del.

I am a salmon !!

Hi Del,

The problem is that at the moment pubs that are submitted as being 'closed' are being overlooked in favour of ones that are open. Trouble is that means I'm missing some that are being submitted that aren't open yet. The best course of action for people who know about upcoming pubs is to submit them as open pubs but leave a comment saying that they aren't open yet.

As you say I would always try to take the first submission so that the correct person gets credit for suggesting it.

Sorry about that.

Thanks for the answer Dave.

I can't say that i agree. If a pub is not open it shouldn't be suggested as an open pub.

On both of my suggestions there is a comment in the review box stating the opening date. I even updated the review on the Pump house with a review after my visit( short I know but a review all the same !)

The approved additions have no review, comments, pictures etc.. My reviews are on my unapproved suggestions which i suppose will never be approved.

The original suggestion should be credited but it doesn't look like it is going to be !!

Del

I am a salmon !!

Spritzer Swallower

Good Evening Dave,

This is my first contribution to the forum but perhaps you would be good enough to clarify the PG policy regarding former pubs. I have many "added pub" entries going back to September 2013 which have never been acknowledged, accepted, or rejected. The photos submitted are all mine and I have spent much time and pleasure researching pub history.

I would add that I am a frequent pub user, i.e. most evenings in my local pub the "Ale House", in Colchester, which I have used for over forty years. Nine real ales over the weekend and six on tonight.

Best wishes.

Perry