Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Active Members

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Mr Richard English is a stalwart of the CAMRA forum, some may say a rather pompous and self important one, others just believe Richard regards the CAMRA forum merely as a vehicle, a place where he can win debating points and show off his no doubt superior knowledge of any subject. He has long dominated the forums apart from an occasion when he threw a hissey fit, this may have been because "Cooking Lager", yes he of the blog and many comments on other blogs, called him "Dickie" which Richard detests (which of course only encouraged CL) or it may not.

Dickie is known for his catch phrases such as "Chemical Fizz" and "the London Pride's drinking well today", in addition he is the apologist-in-chief for Wetherspoons on the CAMRA forum. He is a retired travel agent trainer of some sort and lives in Sussex near the Partridge Inn. He has a beard.
    Aha!Life's too short for more than one forum...
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Aha!Life's too short for more than one forum...
    Well I just checked the CAMRA forum and yes it's as dreary as ever......yawn

This Space For Hire

I used to post on this forum years ago but Dickie singlehandedly bored everyone away.Just looked back at 2009/10 to see who was posting and it was a busy forum. Sad.

He has a beard.
    Cardigan and sandals too?
    Waes hael!

He has long dominated the forums apart from an occasion when he threw a hissey fit, this may have been because "Cooking Lager", yes he of the blog and many comments on other blogs, called him "Dickie" which Richard detests (which of course only encouraged CL) or it may not.
    I adore Cookie, a suitably irreverent voice to prick the pompous and lighten the tone when it all gets a bit navel-gazing. I wouldn't be surprised if in actuality he's an alter-ego (or sockpuppet, you choose) of another beer/pub writer. But if he's literally a lone comedy turn, then fair play to him (I assume it's a him?).

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    sockpuppet
    You are supposed to learn something everyday, and that one's fills today's quota...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    It is the number of people who have logged in to the forum in the last 30 days. The 19,000 members is a bit of a red herring in that people signing up for the main site will automatically create a forum membership but may never even realise let alone ever log in to it!
    Thanks for the actual answer to the question asked Dave, its funny how these things go off on a tangent, I kind of guessed it would though, and the rest of it has been entertaining.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Mr Richard English is a stalwart of the CAMRA forum, some may say a rather pompous and self important one, others just believe Richard regards the CAMRA forum merely as a vehicle, a place where he can win debating points and show off his no doubt superior knowledge of any subject.
    So as Mrs Quinno has her head buried in her laptop doing Something Very Important, I thought that I'd take a look - and you are quite right in your description. Sad thing is he sometimes makes quite perceptive and valid points but oh my, he don't half go on and he isn't too good in being gracious to other people's viewpoints. No wonder Cookie thought he could have some fun with him!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    So as Mrs Quinno has her head buried in her laptop doing Something Very Important, I thought that I'd take a look - and you are quite right in your description. Sad thing is he sometimes makes quite perceptive and valid points but oh my, he don't half go on and he isn't too good in being gracious to other people's viewpoints. No wonder Cookie thought he could have some fun with him!
    Cookie no longer takes part now its usually him and Curmudgeon taking turns at having a swipe at each other.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    You are supposed to learn something everyday, and that one's fills today's quota...
    It filled Monday's quota for me, as it was the answer to a question on this week's University Challenge!