Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which pub is the most photographed?

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Now I have started with photos we will get some in May when we are in Cornwall for 3 weeks. We stay near Truro/Redruth so always do the Blue Anchor along with several others as we tour round using twirly bus passes.

Just thought, May is not far away now. Brill...
    Well I'm near St Austell in mid May, looks like we will be neighbours for a short while

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    There is some fun things you can do with multiple images as well, we could allow them to be shown on Google maps, or try and convert them into a 3d template (Dave can you post up your Hatchet example please).
    Ok, here is the 3D 'Photosynth' of the Hatchet - it requires Silverlight to be installed on your PC so it may not work straight off for everyone, but it gives the idea of some of the clever stuff that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Dont understand when someone posts a picture of a pub and ignores the one next door or over the road
    Ok, I'm guilty of that one many times! A couple of weeks back I saw a review go by in Lybster, there are 2 hotels there almost opposite each other. I was only able to get one as I was taking the photo from a moving car. There are several examples like that along the road from Inverness to Wick.

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    On subject of most photographed, I was surprised as to minimal photos of "famous" pubs, such as Blue Anchor, Helston and Jamaica Inn, Bodmin Moor, just one pic for each

I hope to rectify the Jamaica Inn when I go to Eden project in May, Helston is a tad too far from my intended base
    The Jamaica Inn one is just embarrassing. I took the picture of the sign last time I stopped there but didn't bother getting the actual pub because I felt sure I'd already done it on a previous visit.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Ok, I'm guilty of that one many times! A couple of weeks back I saw a review go by in Lybster, there are 2 hotels there almost opposite each other. I was only able to get one as I was taking the photo from a moving car. There are several examples like that along the road from Inverness to Wick.
    A sort of drive-by shooting then Dave

Not a bad shot from a moving car, although from the way it's leaning you're clearly going downhill

I can understand that sometimes you just want to get your photo and get out of there, especially since the smoking ban has led to people hanging around outside the door. I'm sometimes just waiting for someone to ask me what I'm f*****g doing..... but doing it from a moving car shows a casual attitude to the cause ! ;-)
    Waes hael!

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    I can understand that sometimes you just want to get your photo and get out of there, especially since the smoking ban has led to people hanging around outside the door. I'm sometimes just waiting for someone to ask me what I'm f*****g doing..... but doing it from a moving car shows a casual attitude to the cause ! ;-)
    I know what you mean Andy, it's getting more and more difficult to get a photo of some pubs without smokers hanging around outside. I do feel a bit self-conscious taking a photo in those circumstances.

I was lucky enough to find myself alone in Flossie's Sun at Leiintwardine, Herefordshire http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/68238/ whilst everyone was out having a fag. I took the chance to run amok with my camera throughout the pub, the results of which are on the pub's page. What I never did was take one of the outside. D'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Ok, here is the 3D 'Photosynth' of the Hatchet - it requires Silverlight to be installed on your PC so it may not work straight off for everyone, but it gives the idea of some of the clever stuff that can be done.
    Not to be viewed after a dozen pints. I think I'm gonna be s..............................

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    A sort of drive-by shooting then Dave
    Very good.

Just to go off at a slight tangent. Has anyone else struggled to get decent photos of some pubs since the advent of jumbrellas? Even when they're closed they spoil a decent shot, but open- forget it.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Very good.

Just to go off at a slight tangent. Has anyone else struggled to get decent photos of some pubs since the advent of jumbrellas? Even when they're closed they spoil a decent shot, but open- forget it.
    This one was a struggle!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4040..JPG 
Views:	293 
Size:	990.2 KB 
ID:	241