Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Pub v Pubs Galore

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Downloaded new one ok. Cheers.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Absolutely! They actually have a mobile friendly version, which is a good start.

Looking at the stats of visitors to this site I can see that only 42% are using a desktop, 39% a mobile and 19% a tablet. It is pretty clear that I need to produce a version that is a little easier to use on mobile devices and I've done some work on it but it is a pretty big job.

Anyone using an Android phone can try out an app that I created last year as a bit of an experiment. It is a bit buggy but works well enough on my phone so I was happy, it just produces a map of all the nearby pubs then has a link to the PG (and WP) pages for it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...epubs&hl=en_GB
    I would prefer just a mobile version like WP

Where Apps are concerned, my Windows phone is a poor relation after Android and iPhones.

This Space For Hire

Me like.

What's a blue pin mean and how do you get the pin colours different as I can't work it out on my kml files although I am only using free converters.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 14-01-2015 at 18:58.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Me like.

What's a blue pin mean and how do you get the pin colours different as I can't work it out on my kml files although I am only using free converters.
    Works well for me, blue pin means unknown for real ale, no idea what kml files are.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

The more Blue pins I spotted I thought must be unknowns. Kml files are basically files that convert coordinates to a map format.

Going back to Scoopgen where the What Pub thread started, the main point on their thread is that some Camra branches (Sheffield in particular) are not updating What Pub at all. It is not just lack of people to visit the pubs, also they are not updating reviews that are sent in to them because no one wants to do the database work! There seems to be similar problems in North Devon that I mentioned earlier. This prompted the comparison with PuG where reviews are instant and other updates are generally quite quick. I wonder what the Sheffield branch would give to have someone like Mr Hatter on their team!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Works well for me, blue pin means unknown for real ale, no idea what kml files are.
    If you think you are i have not got the faintest idea what you are on about,i dont know what blue pins are and kml files will be far to hard to understand.

Very
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    If you think you are i have not got the faintest idea what you are on about,i dont know what blue pins are and kml files will be far to hard to understand.

Very
    Hi Alan - we are part of the 42% who don't use 'phones, tablets, bricks or other fancy kit to post our reviews. They are on about flash 'phones and fancy apps (whatever they are). Just ignore it all, like I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    Hi Alan - we are part of the 42% who don't use 'phones, tablets, bricks or other fancy kit to post our reviews. They are on about flash 'phones and fancy apps (whatever they are). Just ignore it all, like I do.
    I have the technology, or some of it but in general, no idea at all. So Sod it
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I prefer a stone tablet but it gets a bit heavy in the rucksack after a while