Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: WHERE are you drinking RIGHT NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    What do you think of it compared to bog-standard Hophead.
    TBH I dont rate it any where as much as the previous Jan specials ,Galaxy, and Simcoe and Ahtanum or as much as a spot on bog standard Hophead,Its not one of their best.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    TBH I dont rate it any where as much as the previous Jan specials ,Galaxy, and Simcoe and Ahtanum or as much as a spot on bog standard Hophead,Its not one of their best.
    I liked it but not as much as the original I had recently in Chiswick.Its good that they have the confidence to try different versions of a classic beer.London Pride -citra or Youngs Special -cascade I don't think so.

Black Sheep Visitors Centre in Masham, drinking Redemption Resurrection 4.2 with Citra etc. it starts off as a New World hopped IPA that could have been brewed anywhere then half way through the pint Yorkshire muscles in and you start thinking Golden Sheep but better, weird!
    Last edited by oldboots; 08-02-2015 at 09:53.

I'm in the Craft Beer Co in Covent Garden working my way through a lot of Black Jack beers. I could've enjoyed even more of them had my train back from Wigan not been delayed by over an hour.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    I'm in the Craft Beer Co in Covent Garden working my way through a lot of Black Jack beers. I could've enjoyed even more of them had my train back from Wigan not been delayed by over an hour.
    I think quite a few of us are Black Jack fans at PuG. Any that you took a particular shine to?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I think quite a few of us are Black Jack fans at PuG. Any that you took a particular shine to?
    All of them, to be honest - I was really impressed! The two that really stood out were the Farmhouse Red IPA and the Smoked Porter (both on keg).
    Had a brief chat with one of the brewers who was very humble and quite self critical, saying that he hadn't had time to fine tune some of the keg beers they'd produced for the showcase - I certainly didn't find anything wrong with them.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    The two that really stood out were the Farmhouse Red IPA and the Smoked Porter (both on keg).
    When I tried the cask version of Farmhouse Red, I loved that slight tartness to the beer, which lifted the flavour no end. I've struggled with smoked beers in the past, particularly those of licking an ashtray strength, but have recently enjoyed some of the milder ones. Bridestones, for example, do a nice smoked porter, also. Will keep an eye out for the Black Jack version. Cheers.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Spreadeagle in Croydon drinking Pride. Was in the goose over the road earlier and counted 6 hand pumps all badged with GK IPA... yummy!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    Spreadeagle in Croydon drinking Pride. Was in the goose over the road earlier and counted 6 hand pumps all badged with GK IPA... yummy!
    The Goose! Blimey, what possessed you?
    Mind you, I was in Green Dragon on Sunday and would have nominated a babotw if I could remember what it was. Replaced without a prob (clear but apparently end of barrel) but the next option of Tribute was utterly tasteless too. I gave up on that pint, drank the tasty accompanying half of coffee porter, and did one.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I followed the same route 12 days ago to watch some televised footie,never seen that clipping of every pump with the same beer anywhere else apart from The Goose.It had to be GK IPA............
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson