Ads not shown when logged in
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: New pubs visited 2015

First post, so be gentle!

Did Carterton and Brize Norton last night to take the figure up to 283 new pubs for the year, but way down on last year’s high watermark of 491.

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    Did Carterton and Brize Norton last night to take the figure up to 283 new pubs for the year, but way down on last year’s high watermark of 491.
    Welcome to the forum.

491 is pretty impressive. My best was 370 in 2013, but I've slowed down quite a bit since then. Not less drinking, but less of getting around to areas where I haven't been before. This year I'm on just 144.

Some trips planned for the last week of November to pick up some previously unvisited pubs in Leeds, Ampthill (near Bedford), York, Darlington, Stockton on Tees and Hornby (near Lancaster) should get me to about 170 for the year.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

411 now should do 450 if I'm lucky by year end, only 8 behind last years total at present, although with revisits I'm at 719 pubs thus far.

Next year I will be lucky to be above 150 I reckon as I've now done ~2000 pubs within an hour radius of Bristol in England in last 4 years so nearly ran out of places to visit. Maybe it's time to go to Wales....
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 10-11-2015 at 21:32.

3 new ones in Bury on Friday after the beer festival. Now on 182.

A trip to Leeds should add a few new ones this coming weekend, but I doubt that I'm going to be anywhere near last years 219.
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 23-11-2015 at 13:16.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Twenty now, with a serendipitous visit to one of the few pubs in our vicinity that I 'd not been in. Hard pressed now to beat last year's 24.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

379 - can I make it 400 before Jan 1st?

Got a work jolly to London tomorrow so should bag half a dozen after the conference wraps up at 4...

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    411 now should do 450 if I'm lucky by year end, only 8 behind last years total at present, although with revisits I'm at 719 pubs thus far.

Next year I will be lucky to be above 150 I reckon as I've now done ~2000 pubs within an hour radius of Bristol in England in last 4 years so nearly ran out of places to visit. Maybe it's time to go to Wales....
    I have the same problem... at least a 3 hour round trip to find a new pub. Problem is I can't go south!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I have the same problem... at least a 3 hour round trip to find a new pub. Problem is I can't go south!
    I have to travel quite a bit to get to new pubs,but i am lucky in living in the middle of England so i can travel in any direction,i am concentrating on West Yorkshire at the moment it is only £10 return from Nottingham to Leeds plus a booking fee,off up there again this Saturday,i hope to get over 1000 reviews for the county within the next
    3 years,Birmingham is another city fairly close that i have not done many pubs in,but i really dont like the city so tend to keep away from it.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I have to travel quite a bit to get to new pubs,but i am lucky in living in the middle of England so i can travel in any direction,i am concentrating on West Yorkshire at the moment it is only £10 return from Nottingham to Leeds plus a booking fee,off up there again this Saturday,i hope to get over 1000 reviews for the county within the next
    3 years,Birmingham is another city fairly close that i have not done many pubs in,but i really dont like the city so tend to keep away from it.
    I'm starting to find that most of the obvious places that I can do on a tenner's return are starting to dry-up; there's always London as a seemingly inexhaustible supply but at £2ish a half it doesn't appeal beyond specific targets that at least should provide good beer or interesting interiors.

It's all gone a bit static for me ,stuck on 157,at least I've beaten last years total, got one more trip to London before new year in the planning stages but at the moment it looks like mostly re- visits.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields