Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Closed Pub?

ya
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    I think I'll mark it as closed for refurbishment until further information becomes available.
    Sounds reasonable enough.

I've just marked the Peace and Plenty in Rye as closed with a note that it is now operating solely as a B&B. I'm not sure how you want to proceed because I'm a little uneasy with marking a business as closed when it has only changed its target market. Maybe it would be better if I just updated my review from last year so that it informs readers of the change?
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post

I've just marked the Peace and Plenty in Rye as closed with a note that it is now operating solely as a B&B. I'm not sure how you want to proceed because I'm a little uneasy with marking a business as closed when it has only changed its target market. Maybe it would be better if I just updated my review from last year so that it informs readers of the change?
    Surely if it's a B&B it's no longer a pub. If it had become a supermarket it would have changed it's target market and everyone would expect to see it marked as closed, wouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Surely if it's a B&B it's no longer a pub. If it had become a supermarket it would have changed it's target market and everyone would expect to see it marked as closed, wouldn't they?
    What you are saying makes sense, but the name of the business hasn't changed like it would if it had been turned into a supermarket. My point was that we are saying the peace and plenty is closed, which it isn't.

What I did forget is that the reason given for closure is shown at the top of the pub page so anyone that interested in the place would read that it is now only a B&B anyway.

What you are saying makes sense, but the name of the business hasn't changed like it would if it had been turned into a supermarket. My point was that we are saying the peace and plenty is closed, which it isn't.

What I did forget is that the reason given for closure is shown at the top of the pub page so anyone that interested in the place would read that it is now only a B&B anyway.
    I see your point, there is a precedent as there used to be a Timothy Taylor's pub above Hebden Bridge called the Mount Skip. It's still called that but is a B&B and it doesn't appear on here OR What Pub. I haven't bothered to check the Dark Side.
    I think it's fine as you've left it!

Bar 6 in Ulverston seems to be for sale with an outlook to convert the entire building for residential use.

Bar 6 in Ulverston seems to be for sale with an outlook to convert the entire building for residential use.
    It's sold with vacant possession according to Rightmove, so I've closed it. Lets wait and see what happens next!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Ten Two Lounge Bar is now Ten Two Gallery so needs to be closed.

The County Hotel in Canterbury is now called Abode. I think that it can be deleted from the site because it is my understanding from Gill, PSM and rpadam that the hotel bar for the Abode is the Old Brewery Tavern.

It seems that the Eight Bells in Wingham Well was converted to residential use in the mid 1990s.

"Until the mid 1990’s Bell House was a public house known as The Eight Bells. No evidence of the house’s life as a pub remains today, apart from the large beer cellar, now fitted with light and power. The Eight Bells featured in several 20th century books on Kent pubs. We have converted the pub restaurant into a reception hallway with oak flooring and partial oak panelling, also creating a sitting room, study and two bedrooms (one with en-suite shower room)."

All 3 above now closed.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas