Ads not shown when logged in
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Pubsgalore crawl.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Being lazy - what's the best value accom found by those staying before, or after, the Friday?
    Dangerously, I now hear that I have friends visiting Sheffield the following day...
    Cheers, j

If anyone is in the York area on Thursday night and fancies something different, there is a Meet the Brewer night with Kirkstall at the Harrogate Tap (platform 1 Harrogate station) last direct train to York is sadly at 21:05 but there's a change at Leeds train at 21:45.

I'm booked in the Lenny Henry hotel in Doncaster Thursday night so I can be fresh for Friday in the field.

Jim- probably a bit late but it was £44, nothing in York came close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Being lazy - what's the best value accom found by those staying before, or after, the Friday?
    Dangerously, I now hear that I have friends visiting Sheffield the following day...
    Cheers, j
    I think Quinno snapped up the last cheap central York hotel room. I'm up in the Travelpremierlodgeinn to the North West of York. I think I remember someone had to book a hotel in Harrogate because there were no cheap deals left. The popularity of the PuG crawl continues to amaze!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Thanks Mark, Steve. I did consider making the travel to Sheff on the fri eve and staying there, but now sounds like the Mancs are not crossing t'Pennines after all, so it may be just the Friday for me, mercifully!

Do we have an itinerary for the day yet?

As I arrive on the Thursday afternoon I'd like to tick a few extras, but might well take a trip out to somewhere - Harrogate or Darlington look like decent shouts in terms of travel time and ease of tick...

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Do we have an itinerary for the day yet?

As I arrive on the Thursday afternoon I'd like to tick a few extras, but might well take a trip out to somewhere - Harrogate or Darlington look like decent shouts in terms of travel time and ease of tick...
    see #100

and #122 if you like, RPAdam is also in Harrogate on Thursday but I don't know when. Give me a bell if you decide on Harrogate.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    see #100

and #122 if you like, RPAdam is also in Harrogate on Thursday but I don't know when. Give me a bell if you decide on Harrogate.
    Ah thanks - must have had my eyes shut when I went trawling earlier

I think I will go for Harrogate over Darlo as I never quite managed it in the years I had my pub/cat-sitting holiday in Dronfield, despite it being on the original my hit-list. So it'd be nice to say I've been. I (should) arrive York at 14.47 so I'd hope to be ready to get the 16.11 out. The 21.05 back is the last fast train which means I can then disembark and tick off the Bluebell in York itself, wobbly legs/fuzzy head permitting. I'll give you a buzz on the day

Anyone else who fancies hooking-up, let me know...

For those who may be going "off piste" over the weekend in York or staying in Donny like AEM

Don't forget your CAMRA card. There's loads of places give discounts, but not on our core route.

I'll be on the train with a plus walk ticket.

It's only about 12 - 15 minutes from The Maltings To The Rook, so I'll be getting some exercise.

The buses are every 10 minutes or so and go all around the houses,
    so with bad timing on getting to Rougier Street I could get there before you.

Plus there's the option of a slight detour to Sutlers Bar for a look on the way,
    which means you'll definitely get there before me.
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 23-03-2015 at 15:07.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Just had a look a the BBC long range weather forecast, for Friday. Unfortunately, they're talking about thick cloud and heavy rain, at the moment. If that's the case, I'm sure those stronger, darker warming brews will come into their own.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.