Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Walthamstow plus a few in Leyton Crawl 21/3/2015

I'll stay on me own

Default Walthamstow plus a few in Leyton Crawl 21/3/2015

I have now planned my crawl of mainly Walthamstow but probably also do 4 in Leyton,this crawl will start at either the Goose or Drum i will then do an anti clockwise walk round Walthamstow,i have 25 listed pubs and hope to do at least 22 of them.

The order of pubs is roughly listed

Leyton E10

The Drum, Spoons
    Boot Laces
    King William 1V
    Shoe Laces

Walthamstow E17

Lord Raglan
    The Castle
    Queens Arms
    The Village
    Nags Head
    Wild Card Brewery Tap
    Flower Pot
    Dukes Head
    William Morris
    The Bell
    Dog and Duck
    Lord Palmerston
    Market Inn
    Coppermill
    Chequers
    The Victoria
    Ye Olde Rose and Crown
    The Goose

There are two other pubs further north that may be done if some pubs are closed on my crawl

Prince of Wales
    Warrant Officer.

I hope to be in either the Drum or Goose for 10.45

If any London members who are regulars on the forum want a bash at this i would be pleased to meet up for all or part of the crawl.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I have now planned my crawl of mainly Walthamstow but probably also do 4 in Leyton,this crawl will start at either the Goose or Drum i will then do an anti clockwise walk round Walthamstow,i have 25 listed pubs and hope to do at least 22 of them.

The order of pubs is roughly listed

Leyton E10

The Drum, Spoons
    Boot Laces
    King William 1V
    Shoe Laces

Walthamstow E17

Lord Raglan
    The Castle
    Queens Arms
    The Village
    Nags Head
    Wild Card Brewery Tap
    Flower Pot
    Dukes Head
    William Morris
    The Bell
    Dog and Duck
    Lord Palmerston
    Market Inn
    Coppermill
    Chequers
    The Victoria
    Ye Olde Rose and Crown
    The Goose

There are two other pubs further north that may be done if some pubs are closed on my crawl

Prince of Wales
    Warrant Officer.

I hope to be in either the Drum or Goose for 10.45

If any London members who are regulars on the forum want a bash at this i would be pleased to meet up for all or part of the crawl.
    I assume you'll be coming up on the Victoria Line. The Goose opens early (08:00) so may be worth starting in then going to the Drum. The William definitely opens at 11:00. I've no idea what time the two Laces pub open but would expect them to be open by 12:00. That Market Inn doesn't exist, I had a look at Google Streets and number 30 seems to be Kelly's Sports Bar and Grill but Streets isn't up to date. I've corrected the map point.
    You've missed one out and you'll probably pass it on the way to the Chequers, the Cock Tavern in the High Street (Walthamstow Market) and it's a proper pub.
    I won't be around but hope it goes well.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I assume you'll be coming up on the Victoria Line. The Goose opens early (08:00) so may be worth starting in then going to the Drum. The William definitely opens at 11:00. I've no idea what time the two Laces pub open but would expect them to be open by 12:00. That Market Inn doesn't exist, I had a look at Google Streets and number 30 seems to be Kelly's Sports Bar and Grill but Streets isn't up to date. I've corrected the map point.
    You've missed one out and you'll probably pass it on the way to the Chequers, the Cock Tavern in the High Street (Walthamstow Market) and it's a proper pub.
    I won't be around but hope it goes well.
    I had got the Cock Tavern on my list but forgot to type in when posting,i had also found out about the Market changing names.

Thanks for letting my know about the Gooses early opening,i should get in there about 10.40 then a quick bus ride to the Drum,i am hoping to get both Shoe Laces and Boot Laces done with crap names like that they have to be done.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Thanks for letting my know about the Gooses early opening,i should get in there about 10.40 then a quick bus ride to the Drum,i am hoping to get both Shoe Laces and Boot Laces done with crap names like that they have to be done.
    Another reason to go to the Goose early is that it can get very busy later on. Crap names and crap pubs for the Laces pubs!
    For a bus from Walthamstow Bus Station to the Drum get a 20, W15, 97, 48, 69 or 257 from the West side of the bus station to the Bakers Avenue stop and walk forwards to the cross roads.
    It's a fair walk through the back streets from the Dog and Duck to the Palmerston (or two buses). If you're walking your route will take you fairly close to the Warrant Officer and the Southbound W15 bus will take you from very near there to the Palmerston.
    The Coppermill is the most awkward pub to get to of the lot. The small W12 bus goes there but only runs every 20 minutes and can be unreliable.
    The W16 bus will take you from the other gates that you got to Wild Card from (in Shernall Street) to the Flower Pot but it's only three stops.

Hope it all goes to plan!
    Last edited by Aqualung; 16-03-2015 at 18:24.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

I'm up for this crawl,not sure how long I'm going to last.Details on PM.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson