Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Hair

Default Long Hair

Noticing that my hair is getting to be a little on the longer side, I have decide - well, I'm contemplating - just letting it grow and grow. I used to have full-on rock star hair when I was around 18-20 years-old, but have kept it fairly short ever since.

Anyway, I've been pondering: just how many of the pubs I've popped in in the past thinking they're OK, will I now have to flee for my safety from??

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Personally, I have no problems with long hair and I suspect most pub clienteles won't either. However, if you decide to have a ponytail, then there will probably be a substantial queue to beat you to a pulp. I'm afraid I'd be in it.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Any pubs that I am in, riff raff like you showing off your wavy hair to us poor genetic misfits forced to bear a receding hairline.

Off to carry on working on my comb over.

You People With Male Pattern Baldness don't know how lucky you are - I have to have a Number 2 (haircut, that is, rather than - never mind) every 4 weeks just so my motorcycle helmet still fits. If I let it grow I'll look like Chewbakka within a matter of weeks. I know, I've tried.

I already got balding spot despite I am 31. Balding started when I was in early 20's. I get number one every 4 to 6 weeks so my baldness won't show. My father started lose hair when he was 17 and now he is sporting Bobby Charlton's combover!

I fear when my very own Bobby Charlton has come...
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Personally, I have no problems with long hair and I suspect most pub clienteles won't either. However, if you decide to have a ponytail, then there will probably be a substantial queue to beat you to a pulp. I'm afraid I'd be in it.
    Nah, I don't like ponytail's, either!

I once got a smak in the face after leaving my social club because, according the oaf: 'he's a 'sweaty' with a parker jacket'

I was partly joking with this thread. I prefer my hair slightly longer, but the Jim Morrison hair from yesteryear probably won't make a return.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

As the holder of a bus pass I can assure you that long hair is no longer my problem, but cold air is, bloody freezing without hair

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    I already got balding spot despite I am 31. Balding started when I was in early 20's. I get number one every 4 to 6 weeks so my baldness won't show. My father started lose hair when he was 17 and now he is sporting Bobby Charlton's combover!

I fear when my very own Bobby Charlton has come...
    I started visibly going bald in my mid 20's, and by the time I turned 30 I was already grade 1'ing my hair to try and conceal the baldness, these days that just makes it palatable rather than concealing it. I don't fancy getting the razor out and trying to shave it properly though, I'd never make it into work due to the blood loss.

My father used to go with the comb over option and it convinced me beyond doubt that I would just keep shaving my head.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Dammit, even my own site is mocking me, just doing some work on it and notice "Chat about Long Hair with Conrad on the Pub Forum"

Within the last seven days I have gone from long hair to short hair. My mrs used like my full head of hair and kept it tidy. I started to attract sheep dogs as it became over long and curly.So last week had the old fashioned short back and sides. If I had a number two I would have looked like a furry bowling ball. Plenty of compliments have resulted from my new look.

(Dammit, just dropped my 500 Gig Lacie drive on the floor. I hope it aint terminal )