Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pub Of The Month - October 2014

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Wonder of wonders, I actually went into 12 pubs last month, some more than once. From such a feast,I commend two:The Old Hill Inn, and this pub-http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/42647/ (The Chequers, Ledsham).
    Both are fine pubs, but my vote goes to the Chequers, if only because it stocked a Yorkshire grown green hop ale.
    Glad you got to The Chequers Inn in the end and enjoyed it. Your nomination is a timely reminder that we haven't been in a while.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Yes, I know the feeling. I went in at least 17 different pubs in the first two weeks, and a slightly crazy 35 in the second half of the month - most of these not new to me: I only did 16 "new" pubs in October. Of these, I liked Cutlers Arms in Rotherham, So I'm going to go for my home-from-home, The Bricklayers Arms in Luton: there's always a great selection of beers in excellent condition, including a MILD, and the Brickies is handy for the station and almost worth a visit to Luton in its own right, even if the mighty Hatters are not playing at home.
    The Cutlers Arms has been one of my pub of the months,and the Bricklayers Arms is the only pub i have been to in Luton,we never intended going to Luton but all trains were teminating there when me and the wife did a crawl round Horsham and Redhill,after a long Thameslink journey back to Luton in the evening to get our train to Nottingham we decided to have a look for a decent pub,we passed a couple then found the Bricklayers Arms,a couple of swift pints of Everards Tiger bitter went down a treat,this was on the 22 October 2002.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    So I'm going to go for my home-from-home, The Bricklayers Arms in Luton: there's always a great selection of beers in excellent condition, including a MILD, and the Brickies is handy for the station and almost worth a visit to Luton in its own right, even if the mighty Hatters are not playing at home.
    By coincidence I also know this one from the past and someone I know recommeneded it to me only recently.
    I knew it as a Banks & Taylor pub when they had another one the other side of town called the Two Brewers which is now closed.

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Visited a few really good pubs in Lancashire recently, really enjoyed this one with beers from one of my favourite breweries, Bowland, Lower Buck Inn

This one almost got POTM, it's a proper village pub with friendly locals and good beer Tillotson Arms

This beat them all though, an absolute gem The Victoria