I think we all like our food and drink just whatever takes our fancy.
Two things came together this week which surprised me. First is Jamie Oliver finding stiff resistance to his healthy eating crusade in regards to what Americans eat. The second is a program on TV called Man v Food. I have not seen it on TV but have streamed some episodes over the internet.
This program is the altar to over indulgence and the most unhealthy eating practices you have ever seen. I am an overweight, pear shaped man. Not as fussy as he should be about what he eats. I like burgers, overfond of pies, likes fish and chips KFC chicken and pigs out on a carvery given the chance. But I would be considered bulemic should I ever try to eat in the places shown on this program.
The portions of food are massive yet considered healthy because they contain fried fresh veg. The 2 lb of pork and beef, mayonnaise, mustards and sauces are errm American. Its what made the good old US of A. Chilli of life threatening , atomic strength which even the cooks who make it refuse to eat are the mark of the All American Male.
If you get a chance please watch a few episodes . The US could probably feed half a dozen countries on what it overindulges and throws away. The average American is not shown in a good light. They would fit in with our lager louts very well. TV at its lowest common denominator.
Jamie, you dont stand a chance.