Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is the Add Pub feature working ?

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post

I have now given up adding my old pictures of pubs i did many years ago,because it seems they will never be added to the site,lots of nice photos of long lost pubs that will
    now not be seen on this site.
    I for one, enjoy seeing your photos of pubs from yesteryear, you certainly have a magnificent collection of photos. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grey View Post
    I for one, enjoy seeing your photos of pubs from yesteryear, you certainly have a magnificent collection of photos. Keep up the good work.
    Agreed, I think it adds real value to see the history side of thinsg as well as the current reviews. As I've said before, this site could become a very useful resource for future historians.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Seems we have a 2 month backlog again then. Possibly a text dropped to Dave by a member with his digits? I sent an unrelated PM about a feature I'd discovered on here and am still awaiting a reply. Not a issue on the PM but highlights a potential lack of involvement on the site. However he's moved house and we've had Christmas so may just be busy sorting more important things than another Cafe Rouge.
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head with the house move part. Took me some time before I could properly set up a desk, then Christmas came along and distracted me, Apologies to the several people who have PM'd me, I will get round to them soon.
    Right now just working on this backlog of new pubs.

On which note, I've just approved Squirrel Lickers Arms but I've a feeling it probably isn't a genuine pub. Wondering if anyone else can work it out.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and happy new year to you all, looking forward to catching up in York!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post

On which note, I've just approved Squirrel Lickers Arms but I've a feeling it probably isn't a genuine pub. Wondering if anyone else can work it out.

It's spoof. A quick look on Tripadvisor about the nudist night and the fact it sells "Salvadorian cuisine" and the "Evening Harold" should sort that out. It's a good one though.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    It's spoof. A quick look on Tripadvisor about the nudist night and the fact it sells "Salvadorian cuisine" and the "Evening Harold" should sort that out. It's a good one though.
    Very reminiscent of the late, and much lamented, Vickers Arms!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Oops, sorry! I was going to go and check it out, but hadn't got round to it yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    Oops, sorry! I was going to go and check it out, but hadn't got round to it yet!
    This item in the Evening Harold tells you all you need to know!

This photo shows what looks like a real pub (does anyone recognise it?), but the pub sign is clearly the work of a fraudster.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

All my open added pubs approved now, cheers Dave. Still have a closed one from last March waiting but as it's in Redditch and I stumbled on it watching TV I'm not that fussed if it doesn't get added.

Next witch hunt needs to be on map points awaiting 2nd generation approval...

Blackthorn's Squirrel Lickers Arms made me chuckle though.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Next witch hunt needs to be on map points awaiting 2nd generation approval...
    I have three of these as follows

I wanted to correct my own map point to show the One Inn the Wood at Petts Wood to appear on the South Side of the narrow road it is on, probably a complete waste of time.

The second is correct as the Dovecote in E4 is definitely South of Simmons Lane.

The third is important but tricky as the White Hart in Loughborough is next door but one to Everard's Three Nuns (ooh-er missus!). I wanted the marker to show it as that rather than get hidden by the other pub marker or vice-versa, but I have no idea if I was successful.

Thanks for a marathon effort Dave - all is well in PuGLand again.