Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the Add Pub feature working ?

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I think Dave may have put a hold on closed pubs. I know he was inundated with them at one time, and his view may be that the Closed Pubs website is a more appropriate location for them. (This is just supposition, I have no idea if he has implemented this as a policy.)
    The only problem with that is that I've got a pub that I added as closed as it was a new build that was not yet open. Consequently it now seems to be in limbo - not approved, perhaps becuase it's closed, but I can't see a way to mark it as open prior to approval.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Even worse for closed pubs. I have one pending from 3rd July.
    I would'nt worry about that too much,i added two pubs with decent photos of them when they were up and running,with a review,one was added to the site on 28th Feb
    the other on 1st March.

I have now given up adding my old pictures of pubs i did many years ago,because it seems they will never be added to the site,lots of nice photos of long lost pubs that will
    now not be seen on this site.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    The only problem with that is that I've got a pub that I added as closed as it was a new build that was not yet open. Consequently it now seems to be in limbo - not approved, perhaps becuase it's closed, but I can't see a way to mark it as open prior to approval.
    It could be resubmitted from scratch as open. The closed version is likely to be passed over and the open version added.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I would'nt worry about that too much,i added two pubs with decent photos of them when they were up and running,with a review,one was added to the site on 28th Feb
    the other on 1st March.

I have now given up adding my old pictures of pubs i did many years ago,because it seems they will never be added to the site,lots of nice photos of long lost pubs that will
    now not be seen on this site.

You can add pictures of closed pubs, as long as the pub is listed on the site the monkeys can approve them. Personally I like to see them, it beats people sending in additional pictures of nail bars, health food shops and estate agents that used to be pubs: one picture of a closed pub in that guise is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    You could add a "review", stating what date it was opened. Hopefully Dave will then notice it when going through the backlog (or if reading this thread - hint).
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

One suggestion would be Dave gives the admin team access to allow suggested pubs to be approved or rejected with strict instructions on what to accept. E.G a blatantly obviously pub that's been missed here especially if an internet search/WP etc confirm as a pub would be added quickly. Anything down as closed/tenuous can be left for Dave to review.

A fair few entries when I check the new pubs are good calls so to be waiting for a month plus when strict delegation could leave the chaff from the wheat to be dealt with by the organ grinder in due course when his decision would be decided to the fate of the establishment and it's entry on here.

There seem to be pubs which have been accepted, but they don't show up on the summary page - the last one I can see is http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/reports/...2014&addpub=on . Unless of course it's my Firefox that is the problem.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    There seem to be pubs which have been accepted, but they don't show up on the summary page - the last one I can see is http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/reports/...2014&addpub=on . Unless of course it's my Firefox that is the problem.
    Seems fine for me on Chrome shows up as added with many facilities updated by ROB Camra since approval on 13th November.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Seems fine for me on Chrome shows up as added with many facilities updated by ROB Camra since approval on 13th November.
    Not sure - I get the same result on Chrome on another platform - no 'added pub' reports since the Sportmans Arms on 29 Oct.

This Space For Hire

I misread your point thought you meant the pub added on 29th wasn't showing

Seems we have a 2 month backlog again then. Possibly a text dropped to Dave by a member with his digits? I sent an unrelated PM about a feature I'd discovered on here and am still awaiting a reply. Not a issue on the PM but highlights a potential lack of involvement on the site. However he's moved house and we've had Christmas so may just be busy sorting more important things than another Cafe Rouge.