Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
And for me. It's enough to contend with Facebook and Linked In and I've never seen the point or interest in following the vacuous comments of some B-List celebrity..
However now having looked at the PuG content I can see some benefit , and could be persuaded to even get an account and tweet some pub related interests if it furthers the cause.
I see PubSignMan appears regularily as retweets. So how does this work then ?
I am guessing PubSignMan has a Twitter account that PuG follows and retweets the interesting beer and pub activity , correct ??
I've had a Twitter account from the early days, but never really knew what to do with it. Back then, most pubs weren't on Twitter and as you say, most people seemed to use it to stalk celebrities. Over time, more and more pubs created accounts and I realised that by following pubs in my local area (London), I could find out about beer festivals, meet the brewer events, promotions etc... or even track down specific beers in some cases. I'd recommend considering using Twitter for this benefit alone.

Around the same time, I thought I might be able to promote PuG a bit by tweeting pubs that I'd enjoyed visiting with a link to their PuG page/my review. I always try to include the @PubsGalore handle in my tweets so that the pubs will hopefully follow the PuG twitter account. I've no idea if it helps with promoting the site, but often the pub will tweet back to say thanks for the review, so at least they visited their page. I've even been offered a few free pints over the years, but have never been able to take up the offers!

Dave has been doing some great work recently, finding ways to engage pubs such as the facility that ranks pubs by the number of Twitter followers they have. He's also on a mission to follow every pub in the UK, but needs more people to follow first, so if you're not already following @PubsGalore you know what to do - every follower counts!