Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pubs Galore Twitter Page.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Default Pubs Galore Twitter Page.

Although I don't tweet myself, I dip into the PuG Twitter page regularly and have to say it seems to be raising the profile of the site really well. I don't know who's running it these days, ( Andy Ven was very involved, at one stage) Vs. Dave? However, credit where it's due. One example is here, in the Exeter Express & Echo:

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.u...ail/story.html

P.S. I recognise virtually everyone in the photo apart from the two to the right of Quinno. Anyone care to enlighten me?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    P.S. I recognise virtually everyone in the photo apart from the two to the right of Quinno. Anyone care to enlighten me?
    Presuming you mean right as you look at it , back row, it is myself and my mate big steve.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Although I don't tweet myself, I dip into the PuG Twitter page regularly and have to say it seems to be raising the profile of the site really well. I don't know who's running it these days, ( Andy Ven was very involved, at one stage) Vs. Dave? However, credit where it's due. One example is here, in the Exeter Express & Echo:

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.u...ail/story.html

I do tweet,but mainly for our business and environmental matters, so beer doesn't get too much of a look in, though I do follow a few local pubs and breweries.I didn't realise that PUG tweets. I've just followed!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Presuming you mean right as you look at it , back row, it is myself and my mate big steve.
    I did wonder whether it might be you. Cheers, Moby. Always good to put a name to a face.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

I don't geddit. Where's the PuG twitter page, &/or photo in question?

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    It is here, A&H was referring to the Pubs Galore Twitter page not the newspaper story in the link, being senile it threw me too. The pic is from the Rugby day out.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    On the other site, about half way down on the left, above the calendar thingy. Strange territory for me, I'm afraid.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Strange territory for me, I'm afraid.
    And for me. It's enough to contend with Facebook and Linked In and I've never seen the point or interest in following the vacuous comments of some B-List celebrity..
    However now having looked at the PuG content I can see some benefit , and could be persuaded to even get an account and tweet some pub related interests if it furthers the cause.
    I see PubSignMan appears regularily as retweets. So how does this work then ?
    I am guessing PubSignMan has a Twitter account that PuG follows and retweets the interesting beer and pub activity , correct ??
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

I follow pubs,beer and brewery related tweeters. The Baum tempts me with daily tweets of the food specials.
    Last edited by hondo; 23-09-2014 at 14:34.
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    I follow pubs and brewery related tweeters. The Baum tempts me with daily tweets of the food specials.
    In that case you'll also have followed our tours around the country when we've taken Simon & Heidi out for the day / night.

Sheffield x 2, Manchester x who knows how many, Liverpool, Chester, Hull etc

Simon always tweets a picture of the pub we're in.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas