Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Pubs Galore Twitter Page.

  1. #1
    This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,066

    Default Pubs Galore Twitter Page.

    Although I don't tweet myself, I dip into the PuG Twitter page regularly and have to say it seems to be raising the profile of the site really well. I don't know who's running it these days, ( Andy Ven was very involved, at one stage) Vs. Dave? However, credit where it's due. One example is here, in the Exeter Express & Echo:

    http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.u...ail/story.html



    P.S. I recognise virtually everyone in the photo apart from the two to the right of Quinno. Anyone care to enlighten me?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

  2. #2
    Down but not out Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North East Hampshire
    Posts
    3,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    P.S. I recognise virtually everyone in the photo apart from the two to the right of Quinno. Anyone care to enlighten me?
    Presuming you mean right as you look at it , back row, it is myself and my mate big steve.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  3. #3
    This Space For Hire Wittenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Weald of Kent
    Posts
    1,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Although I don't tweet myself, I dip into the PuG Twitter page regularly and have to say it seems to be raising the profile of the site really well. I don't know who's running it these days, ( Andy Ven was very involved, at one stage) Vs. Dave? However, credit where it's due. One example is here, in the Exeter Express & Echo:

    http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.u...ail/story.html



    P.S. I recognise virtually everyone in the photo apart from the two to the right of Quinno. Anyone care to enlighten me?
    I do tweet,but mainly for our business and environmental matters, so beer doesn't get too much of a look in, though I do follow a few local pubs and breweries.I didn't realise that PUG tweets. I've just followed!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

  4. #4
    This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Presuming you mean right as you look at it , back row, it is myself and my mate big steve.
    I did wonder whether it might be you. Cheers, Moby. Always good to put a name to a face.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

  5. #5
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    1,939

    Default

    I don't geddit. Where's the PuG twitter page, &/or photo in question?

  6. #6
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    4,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I don't geddit. Where's the PuG twitter page, &/or photo in question?
    It is here, A&H was referring to the Pubs Galore Twitter page not the newspaper story in the link, being senile it threw me too. The pic is from the Rugby day out.

    Tell us, now, how and when
    We may find the bravest men?
    A sure test, an easy test:
    Those that drink beer are the best

  7. #7
    This Space For Hire Wittenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Weald of Kent
    Posts
    1,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I don't geddit. Where's the PuG twitter page, &/or photo in question?
    On the other site, about half way down on the left, above the calendar thingy. Strange territory for me, I'm afraid.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

  8. #8
    I'll stay on me own Gann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North London
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Strange territory for me, I'm afraid.
    And for me. It's enough to contend with Facebook and Linked In and I've never seen the point or interest in following the vacuous comments of some B-List celebrity..
    However now having looked at the PuG content I can see some benefit , and could be persuaded to even get an account and tweet some pub related interests if it furthers the cause.
    I see PubSignMan appears regularily as retweets. So how does this work then ?
    I am guessing PubSignMan has a Twitter account that PuG follows and retweets the interesting beer and pub activity , correct ??
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

  9. #9
    Palookaville hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    I follow pubs,beer and brewery related tweeters. The Baum tempts me with daily tweets of the food specials.
    Last edited by hondo; 23-09-2014 at 14:34.
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

  10. #10
    Roving RAT ROBCamra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    4,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    I follow pubs and brewery related tweeters. The Baum tempts me with daily tweets of the food specials.
    In that case you'll also have followed our tours around the country when we've taken Simon & Heidi out for the day / night.

    Sheffield x 2, Manchester x who knows how many, Liverpool, Chester, Hull etc

    Simon always tweets a picture of the pub we're in.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Similar Threads

  1. Pubs Galore App
    By Alesonly in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-01-2013, 13:59
  2. Pencil & Spoon - Beer and Pubs in Bath (via Twitter)
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-08-2011, 17:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •