Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding Photos

I'll stay on me own

Default Adding Photos

I had a few problems adding photos last Sunday,

i have tried today to add some photos but it does'nt work anymore,i have tried many times but none added,i double click the add photo button but there is no response.

Have any other members had problems or is my crap lap top that is playing up.

Thanks Alan
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

This Space For Hire

No issues here my laptop is crap too.

No problems here either.
    But I have had issues in the past with adding photos and it is usually something to do with the browser.
    Although Firefox allowed all other access to PuG I couldn't upload photos and had to use Chrome to do this.
    And then Firefox started working again after the next update.
    It's always worth trying a different browser if you have one installed.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    No problems here either.
    But I have had issues in the past with adding photos and it is usually something to do with the browser.
    Although Firefox allowed all other access to PuG I couldn't upload photos and had to use Chrome to do this.
    And then Firefox started working again after the next update.
    It's always worth trying a different browser if you have one installed.
    Thanks for the reply Gann,

I use Firefox but dont know anything about computors,so there is no chance of me useing a different browser i would'nt have the faintest idea how to use it.

I have tried again this morning to add a couple of photos but nothing happens,i will now stop adding photos untill my son comes home and hopefully sorts it out for me.

I had the same problem back in February, so I started using Google Chrome which worked perfectly. The problem with the other browser, was sorted out (eventually).
    The problem hasn't quite been resolved though, because I still have this issue with computers in local libraries. On the main individual pub page, there is no upload photo button, but when I go into the view other photos mode, the button is there and it works fine.
    Weird.

I'll stay on me own

I am now up the creek without a paddle,

I rang my son up who said i had Google Chrome on my laptop,i knew it was there but did'nt know how to use it,but my son told me what to do.

I got onto Pubs Galore yesterday afternoon on Google Chrome but it seems like i am an outsider with out any way of getting into the site without putting my user name and secret code word into the site,i dont know either as i am permantly logged into the site when useing Firefox.

Conrad sorted this out for me years ago because i am so thick i did'nt know how to log into the site.

So to end no more photos from Al 10000.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I am now up the creek without a paddle,

Conrad sorted this out for me years ago because i am so thick i did'nt know how to log into the site.

So to end no more photos from Al 10000.
    A bit melodramatic, Al!

Just type your email address in the field labelled "user name" and type anything you like in the "password" field. This will cause an error message, which reads "Incorrect username or password, please retype and try again - For a password reset visit http://www.galorenetwork.co.uk/". Click on the link at the end, and it takes you to a password reset page. Here you just type in your email address and press "submit". You will receive an email with a new password.
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    A bit melodramatic, Al!

Just type your email address in the field labelled "user name" and type anything you like in the "password" field. This will cause an error message, which reads "Incorrect username or password, please retype and try again - For a password reset visit http://www.galorenetwork.co.uk/". Click on the link at the end, and it takes you to a password reset page. Here you just type in your email address and press "submit". You will receive an email with a new password.
    Yes it may be melodramatic but you dont realise how hard it is for me to do simple tasks on a laptop.

I have tried updating firefox but no luck there,i did manage to add two photos today then i could add no more,i then tried google chrome and did'nt have the faintest idea what i was doing,Pubs Galore have sent me Emails with a link to get a new password but they dont work for me like most things that are slightly technical.

To sum it up i am well *issed off.

I'll stay on me own

A very big thank you for sorting my adding photos problem,

My pubs page probably looks a bit different to most when trying to add photos but it works,so i am so pleased to be able to now add the many photos i have took to the site.

Once again thanks,

Alan

Al, I am also having issues with Firefox and uploading. It seems intermittent - when I was doing some last night 90% of the time the upload button wouldn't work in FF. I switched to Chrome and it worked fine. But yes it's a pest. Assumed it was issues with AdBlock at first but I disabled it (again - I usually leave it off on PuG) to no avail.

Hopefully Dave is on the case.