Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clubs & Off Licences

This Space For Hire

Anyplace that charges an entrance fee is not a pub.I dont think clubs should be on here if they charge you or may refuse you entry.As much as I like the Egham United services club they charge a fee to get in.They charge different prices at their beer fest for members and non-members. I went to a preview night before the beer fest and a couple of members had a rant at me for attending a members only night.They were wrong as Camra members were also allowed.Never had that problem in a pub.So a club is not a pub.Nor is La Tasca a pub.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Anyplace that charges an entrance fee is not a pub.I dont think clubs should be on here if they charge you or may refuse you entry.As much as I like the Egham United services club they charge a fee to get in.They charge different prices at their beer fest for members and non-members. I went to a preview night before the beer fest and a couple of members had a rant at me for attending a members only night.They were wrong as Camra members were also allowed.Never had that problem in a pub.So a club is not a pub.Nor is La Tasca a pub.
    This is my general feeling about clubs. I've only been to two recently the WF local one and the Orient Club, needless to say that was only for beer festivals. It seems to me that either deserving cases are included or all clubs are completely excluded and the existing ones deleted. I must add that I only have an interest in my local one and the Kinver Constitutional Club which I will definitely visit when I go to Kinver regardless of what happens here.
    Last edited by Aqualung; 09-09-2014 at 22:48.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

This is a continuing problem, why not add all British Legions? I can go in, ex service. CAMRA members would have to pay
    I drink to make others more interesting

We did this to death on a previous thread a couple of years back. and if I remember correctly it was settled on clubs being added if it was judged my Dave to be of interest to regular site users (eg beer drinkers, CAMRA-types) and that a suitable line be inserted into the accompanying review clarifying entry requirements. Ultimately, it's Dave's call on a case-by-case basis.