Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 31st August 2014)

  1. #1
    Roving RAT ROBCamra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    4,875

    Default Beer of the Week (w/e 31st August 2014)

    Bucking Fastard: Clouded Minds Dolce Vita
    Real Ale Ray: Brimstage Trapper's Hat
    Mobyduck: Ramsbury The Golden Hop
    Aqualung: Tillingbourne Hop Troll
    london calling: Wiper And True Light Ale
    hondo: Fernandes Ale To The Tsar
    Thuck Phat: Sunny Republic Hop Dog
    aleandhearty: Rat & Northern Monk Holy Gnaw-ders
    ROBCamra: Blue Bee Reet Pale
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 06-09-2014 at 12:41.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

  2. #2
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Grand Union
    Posts
    2,280

    Default

    A much better week.

    Dark Star -- Sunburst
    Mighty Oak -- Daisy Roots
    Tring -- Tea Kettle Stout
    Clouded Minds -- Dolce Vita
    Hop Studio -- Zest
    Clouded Minds -- Hazelnutter
    London Fields -- Love not War
    Siren Craft -- Biere de Gouttiere (keg)
    London Fields -- Orange Sunshine (keg)

    BOTW goes to Clouded Minds Dolce Vita,a very rich IPA with plenty of American hops taken in Howl at the Moon,along we several other very good beers,some on keg.


    Next week looks a little bare.....
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

  3. #3
    This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Standing at the bar
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Brimstage - Trapper's Hat

  4. #4
    Down but not out Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North East Hampshire
    Posts
    3,863

    Default

    Rather understated week given a minor boost on a Sunday afternoon visit to Reading.
    Darkstar Hophead 3.8%
    Darkstar American Pale Ale 4.7%
    Adnams Southwold Bitter 3.7%
    Sherfield Village Threesome 3.0%
    Sadlers One Stop Hop 4.3%
    Ramsbury The Golden Hop 4.1%
    Bristol Beer Factory Sorachi 4.7%
    Hopcraft Statement of Intent 5.8%

    The last three enjoyed in Readings Nags Head saved the week and over all the most enjoyed was Ramsbury's The Golden Hop.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  5. #5
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,019

    Default

    Some new breweries to me this week :-


    Tillingbourne The Source 3.3%
    Butcombe Yeti 4.0%
    Twickenham Naked Ladies 4.4%
    Brecon Modo's Midden 4.5%
    Banks's Green Flash Citra Session IPA 4.5%
    Tillingbourne Hop Troll 4.8%
    Acorn Transatlantic IPA 5.0%
    Jarrow Isis 5.0%
    Wild Card Queen Of Diamonds IPA 5.0%
    Caledonian Barley Brown's Black IPA 5.2%
    Loddon's Forbury Lion 5.5%
    Brass Castle Burnout 5.8%
    Thornbridge Jaipur IPA 5.9%

    The only one that wasn't good was the Acorn Transatlantic IPA, I suspect it was the tail end of the cask.
    It comes to a straight fight between two of the new breweries, the Tillingbourne Hop Troll a superb refreshing New World hop bomb and the Brass Castle Burnout a rich strong smoky porter / stout. The Hop Troll as tried in the Wibbas Down Spoons at £2.55 just edges it. I discovered a few hours ago that this was BF's BOTW last week. Their other beer The Source was good as well, one that would normally fly under my radar but was perfect for an early first one at the Cap In Hand.


    BOTW Tillingbourne Hop Troll

  6. #6
    Down but not out Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North East Hampshire
    Posts
    3,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Some new breweries to me this week :-


    Tillingbourne The Source 3.3%
    Butcombe Yeti 4.0%
    Twickenham Naked Ladies 4.4%
    Brecon Modo's Midden 4.5%
    Banks's Green Flash Citra Session IPA 4.5%
    Tillingbourne Hop Troll 4.8%
    Acorn Transatlantic IPA 5.0%
    Jarrow Isis 5.0%
    Wild Card Queen Of Diamonds IPA 5.0%
    Caledonian Barley Brown's Black IPA 5.2%
    Loddon's Forbury Lion 5.5%
    Brass Castle Burnout 5.8%
    Thornbridge Jaipur IPA 5.9%

    The only one that wasn't good was the Acorn Transatlantic IPA, I suspect it was the tail end of the cask.
    It comes to a straight fight between two of the new breweries, the Tillingbourne Hop Troll a superb refreshing New World hop bomb and the Brass Castle Burnout a rich strong smoky porter / stout. The Hop Troll as tried in the Wibbas Down Spoons at £2.55 just edges it. I discovered a few hours ago that this was BF's BOTW last week. Their other beer The Source was good as well, one that would normally fly under my radar but was perfect for an early first one at the Cap In Hand.


    BOTW Tillingbourne Hop Troll
    Unfortunate about the Acorn beer, I had an excellent pint a month or so ago, in a Spoons for my sins!
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  7. #7
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Unfortunate about the Acorn beer, I had an excellent pint a month or so ago, in a Spoons for my sins!
    I remembered it which is why I commented on it. I hope it turns up again before the current Spoons guest list expires.

  8. #8
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    1,976

    Default

    These were good
    hopcraft -statement of intent
    hopcraft -digging up the king
    this was very good
    summerwine-Idaho (keg)
    this was exceptional and BOTW
    wiper and true-light ale 2.9 (keg) I couldn't give it the Auqalung full pint test as it was £6.50 a pint which is a ripoff for a 2.9 beer but I had heard great things about this brewery so had to try it.They are from Bristol so I might get a chance to try them in November.

  9. #9
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    1,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    A much better week.

    Dark Star -- Sunburst
    Mighty Oak -- Daisy Roots
    Tring -- Tea Kettle Stout
    Clouded Minds -- Dolce Vita
    Hop Studio -- Zest
    Clouded Minds -- Hazelnutter
    London Fields -- Love not War
    Siren Craft -- Biere de Gouttiere (keg)
    London Fields -- Orange Sunshine (keg)

    BOTW goes to Clouded Minds Dolce Vita,a very rich IPA with plenty of American hops taken in Howl at the Moon,along we several other very good beers,some on keg.


    Next week looks a little bare.....
    Made this my beer of the week about a month ago.Very nice beer.Clouded Minds are no longer brewing in London but are brewing at Shottle Farm brewery near Belper 4 days a week

  10. #10
    Palookaville hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,868

    Default

    Fernandes - Ale To The Tsar
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Similar Threads

  1. Beer of the Week (w/e 24th August 2014)
    By ROBCamra in forum Beer of the Week
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 31-08-2014, 12:37
  2. Beer of the Week (w/e 17th August 2014)
    By ROBCamra in forum Beer of the Week
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 24-08-2014, 10:32
  3. Beer of the Week (w/e 10th August 2014)
    By ROBCamra in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-08-2014, 11:12
  4. Beer of the Week (w/e 3rd August 2014)
    By ROBCamra in forum Beer of the Week
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 14:53
  5. Beer of the Week (w/e 3rd August 2014)
    By ROBCamra in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 14:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •