Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
Yes, I've heard of this happening decades ago. It would have been Brakspear's Old that was made from the Special and Marston's Merry Monk (so called) Mild was famously produced by adding Caramel to Pedigree.
When I went on a trip to Fullers brewery years ago they openly admitted that they produced one mash which got watered down in various batches and then processing further to produce Golden Pride, ESB, London Pride and Chiswick. I'm fairly sure Marston's must do the same as all their bitters have a similar taste.

Brodie's produced a one-off beer earlier in the year by mixing Shoreditch Sunshine and London Fields and called it London Sunshine. At least there was no deceit as they openly admitted what they had done and I think the clip had the word blend on it. I wondered at the time if this would have counted as a "new" beer for the tickers?
London Sunshine would be a new beer for tickers if it comes from the brewer but not if mixed by a publican.Any beer with a change of hops,additives although caramel only really gives colour, change of strength,brewery moving to another area is another reason to class it as a new beer but you make your own rules as a ticker.