Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The who are the most useless shower of b*stards thread

I tend to thank the driver when passing him or her to alight at the front of the bus. But it's just not practicable when alighting at the middle doors, as there will be a dozen or more people between you and him/her by the time you get off. So, I suspect it happens everywhere, it's just that it's not so easy to do in London.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

My most amazing driver was in Scotland. I was going across the top from somewhere I have forgotten to get to John o Groats, and asked driver if he went there. He said the bus didn't but he could get me there. Bus went into Thurso, when enpty he drove into a barn on a farm and parked his bus, we got into his car and he drove me into John o Groats.

I had to thumb a lift back, but I always remember the coutesy of that driver.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I'll always thank the driver, assuming he lets me on his bus

There is an excellent line of local clothing for local people round here called Beast Clothing that includes this shirt:

Name:  imgTshirtCheersd&#.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  5.5 KB

It's almost always done in Yorkshire to thank the driver on the way off. I came across a super bus driver in Ipswich, I was stood at the bus station finishing my burger when he asked "do you want this one mate?" so I chucked the remains of my nasty-burger and got on the bus. When we got to my stop I was a bit late pressing the button (for some reason ) but he asked "did you want the one we just passed or the next?" I said really the last one but the next will do, so he stopped the bus where we were and let me off. So you see there's not that many a5rseholes driving buses.
    Last edited by oldboots; 28-03-2010 at 08:32. Reason: didn't make sense.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Going to a beer festival at the Pheasant in Newlyn East, we got on a bus at Zelah and asked the driver for the nearest stop to the Pheasant. She went past the stop and put us off at the pub. We have found one or two pub friendly drivers in Cornwall.

If anyone under the age of sixty thanks the bus driver in London all of the passengers look at them as being retarded or drunk - a sign of the times!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Out here in the boonies of Herefordshire it is a common courtesy to thank the bus driver. Public transport is few and far between so if you get barred it can cause real problems. Thankfully my behaviour on buses is like it always is...impeccable.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

I was on a bus yesterday with one of those chatty drivers. We were going through housing estates and little villages and he was dropping people off wherever they wanted, he seemed to know most of them and where they wanted to get off. He told a story of an old dear who asked to be dropped at number 17, he was keeping an eye out for house numbers but it turned out she meant the 17th lamp post in the street

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

On subject of chatty bus drivers, there is a local service here, only one bus a week, on a Wednesday morning, goes to Chichester for the market. Everyone on it seems to know the rest, bus driver stops near a village pond so they can all "ahhh" at the black swans. The one I was on once went the wrong way, passengers told him he had missed " such a body out, so back he went on correct route

Actually quite a handy bus, drops of outside a JDW in Chichester