Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Pub Rip Off

I'll stay on me own

Default What Pub Rip Off

After looking at some pubs in SE1 for a London crawl i had a look at this pub The Grand Union

Rex reviewed the pub in late 2013, What Pub claims to have reviewed the pub on 5/2/14,but the short review they do of the pub contains parts of

Rex's longer review to the word.

I wonder if they are ripping off any more Pubs Galore reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    After looking at some pubs in SE1 for a London crawl i had a look at this pub The Grand Union

Rex reviewed the pub in late 2013, What Pub claims to have reviewed the pub on 5/2/14,but the short review they do of the pub contains parts of

Rex's longer review to the word.

I wonder if they are ripping off any more Pubs Galore reviews.

I wonder if Rex is a CAMRA member who has donated reviews and pictures to WhatPub as well as PuG? I know I have provided the same pictures and almost the same reviews to both sites.

A bit cheeky, unless Rex wrote the what pub himself?
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    A bit cheeky, unless Rex wrote the what pub himself?
    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I wonder if Rex is a CAMRA member who has donated reviews and pictures to WhatPub as well as PuG? I know I have provided the same pictures and almost the same reviews to both sites.
    Great minds and all that!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I know that Rex's pic of the Rochester Castle Spoons in Stoke Newington is the same as the one on Whatpub. I would be very surprised if Whatpub did blatantly steal his review. I use both sites as Whatpub usually has the opening hours and have gladly assisted Whatpub when I can. I'm certain I saw something in the forum about Rex going to a CAMRA meeting, something I'm sure he wouldn't put himself through unless he was a CAMRA member!
    Last edited by Aqualung; 29-07-2014 at 19:15.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

I know Rex very well, he is a CAMRA member and I know he does help to update Whatpub too.
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I know Rex very well, he is a CAMRA member and I know he does help to update Whatpub too.
    Thanks MM. You're right, they didn't rip me off - I have provided loads of stuff to WhatPub, including The Grand Union that Alan mentioned.

This Space For Hire

Thank the lord for Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V the only thing that comes close to that in life is beer.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    Thanks MM. You're right, they didn't rip me off - I have provided loads of stuff to WhatPub, including The Grand Union that Alan mentioned.
    Thanks for sorting that one out Rex,

I thought you were a South West London Camra member,this is the reason i did'nt think about you reviewing South East Londons area pubs,but i dont know how Camra runs things anway.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Thanks for sorting that one out Rex,

I thought you were a South West London Camra member,this is the reason i did'nt think about you reviewing South East Londons area pubs,but i dont know how Camra runs things anway.
    You're right Alan, my branch is SW London, but you can provide input to any branch on their pubs and the branch then uploads it to WhatPub as long as they agree with what you are saying. As you know I go to pubs all over London.