Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Something of use from the other side

Default Something of use from the other side

When planning a pub trip somewhere I am not familiar with, (I am going to Salisbury today) I normally use PUG and Whatpub to gather the necessary info and then transfer it to a map, one feature on Bite I still use is the nearby pubs link, once you have your pubs down on a map I find this feature very useful to get an easy idea of distance between pubs, especially if there are a couple out on a limb somewhere, I find it very easy to use,does anyone else find this useful and is there any scope for something similar on PUG?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I'll stay on me own

Agreed, I always found that very useful and it would be nice if we could have something similar here.

I just use the pub map to see the local pubs that are also listed at the bottom of the pub's main page.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    When planning a pub trip somewhere I am not familiar with, (I am going to Salisbury today) I normally use PUG and Whatpub to gather the necessary info and then transfer it to a map, one feature on Bite I still use is the nearby pubs link, once you have your pubs down on a map I find this feature very useful to get an easy idea of distance between pubs, especially if there are a couple out on a limb somewhere, I find it very easy to use,does anyone else find this useful and is there any scope for something similar on PUG?
    Hope you enjoyed Salisbury, there are some nice pubs there, and some awful ones
    I drink to make others more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Hope you enjoyed Salisbury, there are some nice pubs there, and some awful ones
    Thank you, just got back 20 mins ago, did 9 pubs and out of those probably wouldn't bother with four of them next time, but all in all a good day and not a bad beer quality -wise anywhere ( although a couple were on the bland side) regardless of the pub.
    -W.C.Fields

[QUOTE=Farway;67075]Hope you enjoyed Salisbury, there are some nice pubs there, and some awful ones[/QUOTE

Timing - Moby and Maldenman both did the Salisbury pubs while I was out of the country. Quinno was in my local as well.

[QUOTE=ETA;67200]
    Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Hope you enjoyed Salisbury, there are some nice pubs there, and some awful ones[/QUOTE

Timing - Moby and Maldenman both did the Salisbury pubs while I was out of the country. Quinno was in my local as well.
    Nothing personal.
    -W.C.Fields