Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PuG Autumn/Winter meet. Bristol, Nov 14th 2014

I'm liking the sound of these options - I'd be happy with any of the places mentioned.

I'm free every Saturday in November except the 7th, as I'm in Middlesbrough on the 8th, although I could possibly make that work if York ended up as the chosen destination.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    If we're going for a Friday (as we usually have - though others may want to propose a change), how about 7th or 14th of November?
    Looks like I can do either of those.

Any Saturday would be a no from me.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

I still like Brighton but understand the reservations, Bristol is doable but initial checks say its going to cost me £35.70 on the train, York, although I would love to go, appears out of the Question at about £58.00, for me a little steep for a p**s up,Derby seems oddly more expensive than that at £68.00 , not on expert on train fares and may find something cheaper later but its a little to rich for me.Rugby cost me £12.00 each way.
    P.S can do both dates at this point.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 21-07-2014 at 20:58. Reason: As below
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Both Friday November 7th and 14th work well for me.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 21-07-2014 at 20:33. Reason: Just seen the poll
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Brizzle sounds good to me but prefer Saturday. cheers john

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    , Bristol is doable but initial checks say its going to cost me £35.70 on the train,
    Possible at £6ew if you could cope with 2hr45 on coach, with mega..., tho my niece had a mare with that trip on a Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I still like Brighton but understand the reservations, Bristol is doable but initial checks say its going to cost me £35.70 on the train, York, although I would love to go, appears out of the Question at about £58.00, for me a little steep for a p**s up,Derby seems oddly more expensive than that at £68.00 , not on expert on train fares and may find something cheaper later but its a little to rich for me.Rugby cost me £12.00 each way.
    P.S can do both dates at this point.
    You need to wait until the cheap advance tickets kick in which is around 12 weeks (it does vary slightly depending on the Train Operator). I don't believe SW Trains do these tickets. If you can get a railcard (I've got a senile one) then you will get a third off all tickets I have come across apart from the Southern £15.00 go anywhere one. Recent trips I have made have cost £3.30 EW to Horsham, £4.95 EW to Wolverhampton and £5.95 EW to Derby.
    Another tip is to avoid booking with Train Companies that charge £1.00 to post the tickets. If you're happy printing them off at home it doesn't apply but I like a proper ticket. I booked my last Virgin tickets with Southern so avoided the £1.00 postage. It doesn't work for East Midland Trains as Southern charge 65p extra for each single!

Date wise, I can do either in Nov.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    You need to wait until the cheap advance tickets kick in which is around 12 weeks (it does vary slightly depending on the Train Operator). I don't believe SW Trains do these tickets. If you can get a railcard (I've got a senile one) then you will get a third off all tickets I have come across apart from the Southern £15.00 go anywhere one. Recent trips I have made have cost £3.30 EW to Horsham, £4.95 EW to Wolverhampton and £5.95 EW to Derby.
    Another tip is to avoid booking with Train Companies that charge £1.00 to post the tickets. If you're happy printing them off at home it doesn't apply but I like a proper ticket. I booked my last Virgin tickets with Southern so avoided the £1.00 postage. It doesn't work for East Midland Trains as Southern charge 65p extra for each single!
    Thanks Aqua, I based those prices on advanced tickets from now to October just to see how much its likely to cost in November,travel cards do not seem to alter the price on these advance tickets?
    I know you can often get cheap tickets from London to many destinations,this is usually offset by the cost of getting to London first, I will look deeper nearer the time.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"