Last year's autumn/winter pub crawl was on 22nd November, so I thought I'd get a thread started so that we can get the discussion of venues and dates out of the way in plenty of time to get train tickets booked when the three-month window opens.

Oddly, there was almost no discussion of the next crawl when we last got together in Rugby in June. I was thinking maybe we could take up Quinno's kind offer of working out a 'weighted' geographical list:

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
I think we'd informally agreed that we'd try and do a South-North-Midlands (or combination thereof) rota so no-one suffers (or maybe gains, depending on your viewpoint) overly in travelling costs/time when the cycle's done. Seeing as we've done Leeds then Worcester (which I guess most would call Midlands, yes?) then South seems the next logical choice, or certainly the one after next.

Or we could simply divvy up where everyone lives and do a 'weighted' geographical list
Brighton was suggested by Mobyduck, eliciting this response from ROBCamra:

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
Oh, I don't disagree with the North-Midlands-South idea.

But THAT far south?

I suggest the next northern one is in Berwick on Tweed or Penrith then.

Or if hondo is feeling a bit left out how about Aberdeen or Perth?
When Real Ale Ray and Bucking Fastard kindly joined me on my 60th birthday crawl in Sheffield last week, we briefly toyed with a few ideas for the next PuG meet: I reopened the Brighton question, but we surmised that too many people would find the distances to be insurmountable. Derby was mentioned, and Manchester, either of which would have my support, but the venue that brought the most enthusiastic concurrence was York. This is a fantastic pub city which benefits from extremely good railway connections - less than two hours from Kings Cross, for example, and fares as low as £13 (advance singles).

OK, that's got the ball rolling...