Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 28 Mar 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    I'm off for a beer shortly but there'll have to be something really special to beat the Jaipur IPA.
    It will need to be very very good to beat Jaipur, I've just had a bottle and it continues to impress even though I've moved on to Westmalle at 9.5%.

My BOTW this week is going to be Wentworth WPA, a fine South Yorkshire hoppy ale served to me by a sexy Barnsley lass on Tuesday in a super village pub, ain't life grand?

I've been abroad most of this week, but I did manage to get to the Cardinal in Stavanger, one of the best pubs in Europe in my opinion. It's more English than a lot of pubs in England, even down to the dartboard and has about 100 (I didn't bother to count) British beers (bottled, of course). So, my BOTW is Innis & Gunn Oak Aged bitter from a bottle (saw off a few of those on Wednesday).

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Tried a few more last night ,Broughs pale ale ,Titanic Steerage , Ironbridge 1779 , Goffs Mordred , Backyard Brewhouse Nipin. This weeks winner is Salamander Gung Ho , i am getting seriously impressed by this brewery , have liked everything i have tried by them so far
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

My BOTW goes to...

Black Hole's Milky Way
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    I'm off for a beer shortly but there'll have to be something really special to beat the Jaipur IPA.
    As I suspected, there was nothing to beat it so this week my BotW is Thornbridge Jaipur IPA

An East Kent double, between Hopdaemon's Skrimshander IPA and Shep's Eary Bird. The Early Bird is wonderfully springlike and spicy, but on the whole I preferred the Skrim with its extra depth of graineyness from the malt.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Not too much for me this week, but I had a nice Rare Hare with my lunch at the pub today.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Not too much for me this week, but I had a nice Rare Hare with my lunch at the pub today.
    I thought that was the start of a 'Waiter, waiter there's a hair in my soup" joke

Not the greatest beer week. The Brewster Ice Queen I had tonight in the Paper Moon, Dartford was quite good and White's Hoppy Easter in the Market Porter at London Bridge deserves a mention but I think I will stick with the Cairngorm, Trade Winds as my BotW at the Rake at London Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    A couple of years ago whilst out and about in Bristle we called in a Bath Ales pub selling this very beer. Ms CAMRA suggested that I should order it in my full blown Lancashire accent without any attempt at the posh Baaaath pronunciation.

"A pint of Rur Ur please" was the result, as was a blank look from the barmaid.

This weeks BOTW is going to be Acorn Moor Porter. I've always liked this beer and it was on top form in the Regal Moon on Saturday.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas