Ads not shown when logged in
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Harp Covent Garden

I've seen a tweet tonight listing the beers and it sounds like business as usual. No mention of Fuller's beers, but they obviously couldn't include them in the 140 characters.

I have heard through the grapevine there may be a possible closure for a couple of weeks in the near future to" do the electrics and a bit of a tidy up"
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I have heard through the grapevine there may be a possible closure for a couple of weeks in the near future to" do the electrics and a bit of a tidy up"
    Maybe the shenanigans have commenced, turned up at 10.30 this morning to be greeted by several notices stuck to the window saying something along the lines of The pub is unable to open due to flooding,we hope to re-open as soon as possible . Bad start to the day for me, hopefully not a convenient excuse for something more sinister, just bad luck on my part .
    -W.C.Fields

Back in the Harp yesterday and thankfully it is pretty much business as usual ,two Fullers beers on ,Pride and ESB ,still a Darkstar presence as well as Sambrooks along with some good guests ,no current plans for a refurb which is good news, (if it aint broke don't fix it) though a re-wiring of the electrics will be done soon.
    A little pricier as expected now around £3.75/£3.85 for a sub 4% beer ,still not outrageous given its location.
    -W.C.Fields

The Harp is closed until the 26th for a "mini refurb" according to their twitter page, hope its not the start of Fullers tinkering.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    The Harp is closed until the 26th for a "mini refurb" according to their twitter page, hope its not the start of Fullers tinkering.
    Called in yesterday,not to much has changed,a lick of paint here and there ,the gents and the ladies have switched places so now us blokes have room to "swing a cat" so to speak. There has been a little tinkering by Fullers though, opening time has been put back from 10.00 to 10.30 (a bit of a pain) but this may revert back with a bit of pressure from certain areas, we will see. The famous sausages are no more And as expected the prices continue to creep up, most beers seem to be £4.10 now, although Hophead I noted was £3.50. The Harp remains my London local though.
    -W.C.Fields