Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Harp Covent Garden

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    NZ had 6 DD beers plus 2 guests on Saturday.

It's a long walk from the Babington to the NZ without refreshment though.
    I'll be using my coffin dodger's bus pass. Six and two guests!! It looks like there will be no coherent or legible notes or any photos after that one!!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Apparently Fullers are not going to change a winning formula, hmmm. http://www.agg.uk.com/news/2014/full...-freehold-sale
    Fullers own the Ye Olde Mitre and the Seven Stars and I have used them before and since Fullers owned them and there is little change to the beer selection or the pub or the staff.Some of the staff may change as they will not want to work for a new owner but its in Fullers interest to keep the status quo. (no not the band)

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Fullers own the Ye Olde Mitre and the Seven Stars and I have used them before and since Fullers owned them and there is little change to the beer selection or the pub or the staff.Some of the staff may change as they will not want to work for a new owner but its in Fullers interest to keep the status quo. (no not the band)
    I agree with the Seven Stars,never been a great fan of Ye Olde Mitre before or after and not so keen on The Lamb and Flag since Fullers. I'm sure there will be a London Pride slipped into the Harp now but if they leave it at that I can live with it, prices will rise.
    Status Quo haven't been the same since 1968.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Let's hope the same is true of the Harp John but I am worried that in that location Fuller's will simply stuff it with London Pride at £4+ a pint. Anyway I'm going to go down there after work next week to see what's cooking and have a few ales if it's still 'old Harp'...

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Let's hope the same is true of the Harp John but I am worried that in that location Fuller's will simply stuff it with London Pride at £4+ a pint. Anyway I'm going to go down there after work next week to see what's cooking and have a few ales if it's still 'old Harp'...
    What day you going Quinno?

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    What day you going Quinno?
    Currently, Wednesday...

I've seen a twitter feed that says Fuller's don't move in until 05th August and they will be selling two Fuller's beers. .

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Was in last night.No change and Fullers have not taken it over yet but the news of the takeover leaked out so they had to release the news prematurely.Share price I suppose.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

I've not got huge experience of central London pubs, but was lucky enough to visit The Harp several years ago, on a midweek afternoon. It was busy enough to have loads of atmosphere, but without the post work squeeze in the narrow space opposite the bar. I reckon I saw it in its pomp. Fullers may have honorable intentions, but I can't see it being anything but the end of an era.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quick update. Popped in this evening for what turned into a long, boozy session. Fuller's officially get the keys on August 5th. Barmaid (the blonde lass who has been there quite some time) said that there will be 'a couple' of Fullers ales on but otherwise things remain as usual (prices notwithstanding). Binnies Babes will be retained.

Dark Star APA, Espresso, Twickenham Red, Scarborough Mild all quaffed tonight and all excellent.

Get down there in the next two weeks, if you can. The more people who politely enquire (and express concerns) over the bar, the better...