Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tommy Flynn's Pub Chain

Hybrid View

Default Tommy Flynn's Pub Chain

Does anyone know anything about this chain?
    A pub near me has been closed for refurbishment and is said to be changing it's name. The rumour is that it will be Tommy Flynn's. Looking at the entries here and on Whatpub, it seems to consist of hopelessly grotty old dives given a facelift and selling food plus the odd real ale. The real ales seem to be of the tedious national bland variety which makes me wonder if they are just leases from Enterprise or Punch.
    This one is said to have four handpumps. Surely they won't just sell Courage Best, Doom Bore, Pride and GK IPA?? The pub will be family friendly and no mention has been made of TV screens which would seem to set it apart from other Tommy Flynn's.

EDIT:
    By complete chance two press release style reviews have appeared from the same source with ratings of 10!!
    Last edited by Aqualung; 12-07-2014 at 16:06.

This Space For Hire

I have been in a couple in West London.They are smartly fitted out and cater for the lager/ guiness crowd.One had a Greene King beer on the other had Doombore and Flynn,s house beer brewed by Tetley.They are decent pubs if you like this style of beer but they obviously buy the real ale on price rather than taste. They love sports on tv as well.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I have been in a couple in West London.They are smartly fitted out and cater for the lager/ guiness crowd.One had a Greene King beer on the other had Doombore and Flynn,s house beer brewed by Tetley.They are decent pubs if you like this style of beer but they obviously buy the real ale on price rather than taste. They love sports on tv as well.
    Sounds right up your street Aqua
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Sounds right up your street Aqua
    Yes, you hit the nail on the head there!!
    They have a facebook page that says it is going to be family friendly with food but no mention of TV Sports. I don't see that TV Sports is family friendly unless they just have it on in the evening. The exterior is designed to make it look like an Antic pub with the Cream and Maroon replaced with Grey and Dark Red (I think).

The actual pub is this one and I've never been in it nor has anyone else apparently. There are three pictures awaiting approval and they are not mine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Does anyone know anything about this chain?
    Tommy Flynn's is operated by an outfit called the London Metropolitan Pub Company (not to be confused with the Metropolitan Pub Company) run by a Sean Flynn. It would seem that at least four of its pubs are leased from the Spirit Leased Pub Company.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Tommy Flynn's is operated by an outfit called the London Metropolitan Pub Company (not to be confused with the Metropolitan Pub Company) run by a Sean Flynn. It would seem that at least four of its pubs are leased from the Spirit Leased Pub Company.
    Thanks for that, there seems to be very little info from googling that pub company. I wonder it it is just a sub-division of Spirit as according to the local rag the same manageress is staying on. Mr Flynn must have very deep pockets as this is at least a ten week refurbishment. As far as I can see the pub isn't even listed on Whatpub!

Thanks for that, there seems to be very little info from googling that pub company. I wonder it it is just a sub-division of Spirit as according to the local rag the same manageress is staying on. Mr Flynn must have very deep pockets as this is at least a ten week refurbishment. As far as I can see the pub isn't even listed on Whatpub!
    As far as I can see, at least four of London Metropolitan Pub Company's refurbishments have been jointly funded by the Spirit Leased Pub Company.

EDIT:
    By complete chance two press release style reviews have appeared from the same source with ratings of 10!!
    Well spotted, clearly someone working for the chain in some way as they have submitted photos of several Tommy Flynn's as well as a few others. http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/userinfo.php?name=sarah2014

So the question is will we see The Royal Oak, Barley Mow, The Bell Inn and The Orange Tree rebranded as Tommy Flynn's?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Well spotted, clearly someone working for the chain in some way as they have submitted photos of several Tommy Flynn's as well as a few others. http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/userinfo.php?name=sarah2014

So the question is will we see The Royal Oak, Barley Mow, The Bell Inn and The Orange Tree rebranded as Tommy Flynn's?
    The other three pubs don't seem to have the same "form" as the Tommy Flynn's ones so maybe this mysterious London Metropolitan Pub Company and the wonderful Ms Jones are providing us with a ready made guide to all of their houses.
    The one thing they seem to have in common is a mainstream beer selection, so if Ms Jones is reading this maybe she could do something about that.

You have my sympathy with all this, and the pub chains and breweries blame supermarkets for falling sales rather than their own gross incompetence.
    It sounds like rpadam knows more about this chain than anyone

Have you tried getting in touch with Spirit?
    I thought that Spirit were selling out to Greene King which might explain what has happened but I would have thought under Consumer Law they still have an obligation to you. Even if that isn't the case it's very bad press for Greene King or whoever if they persist with this line.

I really hope you can get this resolved and that someone has more knowledge of the Flynn's / Spirit businesses than I have.

Have you visited the pub in person to ask what's going on?