Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Flat roofed pubs any experiences?

Teetotal

Default Flat roofed pubs any experiences?

Hi
    I'm new to pubs and have just been told about Flat Roof pubs, obviously they have flat roofs. But what are they like? Are they the residential equivalent to country pubs? Often with beer gardens. They are situated away from town or city centres and away from the night life areas so I would assume they are a bit quieter. Some say they can be a bit territorial.

The advantage is that they are easy to reach by public transport, unlike country pubs which often require a car and unlike country pubs they are cleaner as they are modern with higher ceilings, less clutter and easier to maintain as they are made from modern material.

What is the food like they serve? I could imagine its home made style unlike the mass produced food found in large chain pubs like wetherspoons.

Does anyone have any experience of these pubs, perhaps as a customer or maybe you have worked in one?

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Routemaster View Post
    Hi
    I'm new to pubs and have just been told about Flat Roof pubs, obviously they have flat roofs. But what are they like? Are they the residential equivalent to country pubs? Often with beer gardens. They are situated away from town or city centres and away from the night life areas so I would assume they are a bit quieter. Some say they can be a bit territorial.

The advantage is that they are easy to reach by public transport, unlike country pubs which often require a car and unlike country pubs they are cleaner as they are modern with higher ceilings, less clutter and easier to maintain as they are made from modern material.

What is the food like they serve? I could imagine its home made style unlike the mass produced food found in large chain pubs like wetherspoons.

Does anyone have any experience of these pubs, perhaps as a customer or maybe you have worked in one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNV00119.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	1217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNV00140.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	1218

Here are a couple of flat roofed pubs i have been in,i have been in loads more some even rougher looking than these.

Are you taking the *iss.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Routemaster View Post
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNV00119.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	1217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNV00140.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	1218

Here are a couple of flat roofed pubs i have been in,i have been in loads more some even rougher looking than these.

Are you taking the *iss.
    I think the *iss, is being taken.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I think the *iss, is being taken.
    Bottled and sold!