Visit the a swift one site

For those of you who have been waiting for some snippets of wisdom from my laptop, I apologise for my lack of input recently, but quite frankly I have found little in the beer world to inspire me to type.

I am getting a bit saturated with all the World Cup beers, albeit now England have no further interest they are getting less, but they are being replaced with a whole host of velocipede related beers. None have really hit the spot with me, despite lots of efforts to find the right one. And lets face it, I will keep on trying until I do find the holy grail !

I did think I would share this little gem with you that I discovered on a pump clip yesterday. I will not name the brewery, its not really fair, but the tasting notes they had provided for the beer said "Spicy, classic,coffee and Mild". I thought nothing it until I wrote it in my book, 'Bobbys Best Bitter' . What !!! To be honest it did taste like a bitter, and I got none of the other notes. But surely the notes on the clip should at least vaguely resemble the beer style.

Before you start writing to complain, I have had several ginger beers that have never seen ginger, and lots of fruit beer that do not taste of fruit. So maybe 'caveat emptor' could be the watchword here.

More...