Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: £2 pint in JDWs

Default £2 pint in JDWs

Last week we were in JDWs Cherry Tree in Huddersfield and on some of the literature on the table it was advertsing Abbot at £1.95. So just wondering has the £2 pint of real ale appeared in any of their outlets yet, i feel down south it must have by now.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Possibly, I tried the Parchment Makers in Havant on Thursday lunchtime, but the place was so crowded couldn't be @rsed to attempt to order and left dry

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

London seems to vary from £1.69 in the burbs to £2.40 in centre of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossste View Post
    Last week we were in JDWs Cherry Tree in Huddersfield and on some of the literature on the table it was advertsing Abbot at £1.95. So just wondering has the £2 pint of real ale appeared in any of their outlets yet, i feel down south it must have by now.
    Its Not reached that in All the Five Wetherpoons I went Last week it was £1.95 For Abbots. And all Guests Ales were between £1.85 to £1.95 with some on cheaper offer. But as you say It wont be long before another increase.
    The dearist Pint I had last week was £3.45p but that was around Muswell Hill NOT in a spoons But thats about normal round here nowdays.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

It is £1.95 (Abbot's Reserve 6.6 % and Abbots Ale 5% in both my local JDWs) I know which one I would gladly to pay..
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Yes, the £2 barrier has been breached some while ago. I seem to recall paying £2.09 for a pint of real ale in The Shakespeare's Head, Holborn, in 2008. The most expensive real ale I have bought in a JDW was in The Flying Horse, Gatwick South, where they charged £2.78 for a pint of Phoenix Christmas Kiss. I know airport bars are more expensive, but I am not sure why this JDW should be more expensive than the others.

On Saturday I'm fairly certain I paid £2.05 for real ale in both of the Wetherspoons pubs in Poole.

Quote Originally Posted by danbert View Post
    On Saturday I'm fairly certain I paid £2.05 for real ale in both of the Wetherspoons pubs in Poole.
    That's weird, as I had a pint in one of them (The Lord Wimborne) for £1.49 on Friday. Sounds like I picked the right day to visit!

Real Ale Drinker

Most expensive pint recently was in Bergen Norway we were paying £5:80 pint which was not to bad i suppose,the shots were lined up at around £6 a go for sambuka's which some bright spark thought was a good idea (not me) there were a few wrecked people the following day i am told.

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    That's weird, as I had a pint in one of them (The Lord Wimborne) for £1.49 on Friday. Sounds like I picked the right day to visit!
    I may of course be wrong, in my defence I had been in a few pubs already by the time I got to the Lord Wimbourne!

It was definitely £2.05 in the Quay as I remember using a CAMRA 50p off voucher. Perhaps I paid the grockle rate?