Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Speedy ROB

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Agreed, there was talk a while ago about user reviews and scores on Whatpub but it seems they have completely knocked that on the head.
    Sanity seems to have prevailed. For CAMRA to run a site where people can comment in the negative about pubs would be akin to defecating on their own doorstep.

Default What Pub Link

I was quite amazed to see the What Pub link on each PuG pub!!

I wonder if What Pub will reciprocate and add a PuG link to form the ideal search duo?

Very quickly spotted! Hope you don't mind Alan, I merged this back into this thread as I was about to mention it here

After reading some of the discussion in this thread about people using both sites I figured it might be useful to provide a quick link from PuG to WP.

At the moment it can only be seen by users who are logged into PuG, it certainly isn't there for every pub yet either.

If people find ones that haven't been matched up please don't send me a link in the normal way as that will get really confusing for me.

Also I'm not providing it to try to get links back from WP, there is no way they would do that, just want to make this site as useful as possible.
    Last edited by Dave M; 06-06-2014 at 13:51. Reason: Merged thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Also I'm not providing it to try to get links back from WP, there is no way they would do that, just want to make this site as useful as possible.
    Magnanimous

Well done Dave, it is very useful.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Magnanimous
    Well as the two sites are providing something different and most people here are saying they use both then it seems like a sensible thing to have.

I'm not entirely sure how many I have matched up or the quality (some links will go to the wrong pubs on WP!). Will look into improving on that if users think it is worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Still can't beat this site it's easier to navigate for one.
    This was the comment that prompted me to release the links, I figure it is better that I encourage users to browse this site and let it lead them to what they want rather than the constant searching on WP.

I figure it is better that I encourage users to browse this site and let it lead them to what they want rather than the constant searching on WP.
    Indeed - and it's a lot easier to submit my beer scores after typing my review

Good work Dave!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Magnanimous
    Well as the two sites are providing something different and most people here are saying they use both then it seems like a sensible thing to have.
    Think you're being rather modest there Dave! I'm with Quinno. However, it's an excellent combination for pubgoers.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

What's what pub? %devil%
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

The only problem is that some of the information on the What Pub site hasn't been updated. I've noticed a few supposedly closed pubs on What Pub, that have been reopened recently.