Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speedy ROB

Default Speedy ROB

A What Pub contributer who had been a little critical of PuG in the past, sent in an update to PuG and wrote in a forum - "Now lets see how long that takes!"

It was updated by ROBcamra in 7 minutes.

Well done ROB

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    A What Pub contributer who had been a little critical of PuG in the past, sent in an update to PuG and wrote in a forum - "Now lets see how long that takes!"

Well done ROB
    That long!!!! Damn I'm slipping.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    That long!!!! Damn I'm slipping.
    Before that head gets too big you did get a bit of a kicking off another contributor to the same forum, regarding pubs in Staffordshire - no examples given so it's probably just more CAMRA sour grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Before that head gets too big you did get a bit of a kicking off another contributor to the same forum, regarding pubs in Staffordshire - no examples given so it's probably just more CAMRA sour grapes.
    Is that the CAMRA forum by any chance?

I've only reviewed 8 pubs in Staffordshire, all in Burton I think. What was his gripe about those?

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Well done ROB
    Yes, well done ROB. If it was a CAMRA thread Alan, which one was it ? I'd be curious to take a look.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Yes, well done ROB. If it was a CAMRA thread Alan, which one was it ? I'd be curious to take a look.
    The What Pub Yahoo group. (Thread - Competitors to What Pub)

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Is that the CAMRA forum by any chance?

I've only reviewed 8 pubs in Staffordshire, all in Burton I think. What was his gripe about those?

It's this:-

"my name is Robert, I am self opinionated, a member of CAMRA and live near Stafford I am not the robcamra who locates Staffordshire pubs in strange places and talks a lot of nonsense on the PuG Forum)"

he expands on this in a later post where he "reviewed" PuG alongside the others

"Pub Galore PuG). The main competitor to WP. Many former BITE contributors migrated here and it is quite vibrant. I don't like it, far too much up its own arse as far as I am concerned. Information is variable, it and reviews are often very out of date. As a quick check I compared listings for our area (WP 142 real ale pubs open[ish, varies almost on a daily basis], 4 non-real ale pubs and all the pubs that have closed since 1974). PuG have 14 closed pubs listed as open, 4 open pubs listed as closed and at least 19 pubs mislocated either on the map and/or in the area they are described as being in. I hope we are doing better than that."

He doesn't do a similar analysis of BITE or the lesser sites.

"my name is Robert, I am self opinionated, "
    Well we should invite his over then. He would fit in quite nicely...

"Pub Galore PuG). The main competitor to WP. Many former BITE contributors migrated here and it is quite vibrant. I don't like it, far too much up its own arse as far as I am concerned. .
    Loved this comment And your average CAMRA branch isn't ???? Well all I can say is they much have changed since I suffered a few meetings in my local area..
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

The What Pub Yahoo group. (Thread - Competitors to What Pub)
    So a restricted forum of 141 members that we cannot be privy to?

AlanH, was there any reply to the chnges being done in a timely manner?

It's this:-

"my name is Robert, I am self opinionated, a member of CAMRA and live near Stafford I am not the robcamra who locates Staffordshire pubs in strange places and talks a lot of nonsense on the PuG Forum)"

he expands on this in a later post where he "reviewed" PuG alongside the others

"Pub Galore PuG). The main competitor to WP. Many former BITE contributors migrated here and it is quite vibrant. I don't like it, far too much up its own arse as far as I am concerned. Information is variable, it and reviews are often very out of date. As a quick check I compared listings for our area (WP 142 real ale pubs open[ish, varies almost on a daily basis], 4 non-real ale pubs and all the pubs that have closed since 1974). PuG have 14 closed pubs listed as open, 4 open pubs listed as closed and at least 19 pubs mislocated either on the map and/or in the area they are described as being in. I hope we are doing better than that."

He doesn't do a similar analysis of BITE or the lesser sites.
    Was this from the CAMRA forum, cause I can't find it OB?