Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many pints?

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

As pointed out by others it depends , a normal Saturday night would be 7-8 pints , same on a Friday unless i am working on Saturday morning then its 4-5 . The last all dayer i went on worked out at 18 pints , these days are rare maybe once a year .
    Back in the days before all day opening a good mate used to drink 10 pints of Guiness at dinner time then 15 at the night session every weekend
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Spritzer Swallower Manky Badger's Avatar

On an average saturday afternoon it's four to five pints, but "doing the gallon" isn't unusual for me.

I'm reliably informed that my record is twenty one pints of Pride at a good friend's wedding. I wasn't counting, but others (apparently) were.

No more than one at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    No more than one at a time?
    Drinking in stereo anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    Drinking in stereo anyone?
    Trainman is the 2 at a time expert!

There's always a show off!

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    , normally I stick to 2 at lunchtime, but if beer is good sometimes it all slips down a treat and 4 it is.
    I always say that lunchtime pints count double! So I abstain, as far as possible - leaves me half asleep for the afternoon!

Anyway, evenings tend to be approx 8 - 11.30, and I get though about 5 pints, which suits me fine. Christmas 2008, we had a terrific all-dayer in The White Lion - I thought that I could definitely be up for the occasional 10-pints over the course of a day's session. Subsequent events have shown that to be wide of the mark!

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Trainman is the 2 at a time expert!
    Its something I do either at festivals or pubs with a good range but when I'm still moving on to others, so occasionally two halves it is. Sometimes you get strange looks but who cares. I like the thirds options at Spoons festivals as well.

I'm normally a 5 - 6 pint guy, the first is normally gone in 10 minutes and then they gradually slow.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I aim for about 10 in an all day session, sometimes it can go up one or two, but that is what i aim for. 5 for an evening session and couple of MILDs if working the next day, or i have nothing. I also do not really drink at home - cans, bottles and such like, unless it was a BBQ or something - i may have a small glass of port, but thats it - the fun to me is trying different pubs and drinks, but i will have half pints and walk out. I actually tried some Japenese lager thing in Warwick! the reviews will be out asap - but going away with the wife for a few days so more backlog!
    MILD: