Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many pints?

Here's one more pitch for the lightweights. In an evening session, say from 7.30 to closing time, it would be 5 pints maximum, but if the session was longer, typically a summer BBQ from midday to late on a hot day, and where fluid replenishment is a must, then it could go up to 8 pints. I'm heartened to see that lightweightism is more prevalent than I previously thought! But I've never had a hangover, even when I've gone for the beer/wine/spirits combination (though people have told me they're not much fun) so I can repeat my lightweight dose of beer day after day.

Hmm... well, 6 pints is my 'safe maximum'. Anymore then that and the day or evening could go either way, to be honest. The only time I truly go OTT is when out on a Friday or Saturday evening with friends in Rochester and Chatham. I'm usually OK in the pub - usually have around 4 or 5 - but it's the club afterwards that does the damage. Beer can go out the window - no ales, well, no drinkable ales - and I often resort to double Vodka and Red bull's and, shudder, shots of red, blue or green gunk. I usually wake up feeling like death.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Depends on circumstance, and mood, I suppose, but most Saturdays our trio head out somewhere new, or old, and tend to end up in the 9-12 pint region, but over the course of 9 hours or so - hopefully starting noon-ish so we can vacate the scene before the amateurs get into action. Apart from travel between pubs, I'm not sure where the time goes as we don't sip (nor flip-top) the beers. I don't tend to have evening-only sessions these days, due to prolonged absence from work, but a solo sesh, say, 3-6pm in Traf might be 6 or 7 pints.

My biggest recent sessions were a 12-pub Bristol crawl followed by a 3 hour lock-in at Cornubia (becoming the 13th-14-15th+pub), and a 14-pub stag in York plus 2 back at base, plus, for me, the bar concoction donated to the groom, who wisely refused. I did burn myself on a flaming sambuca, but otherwise avoided that bit of madness, and tend to leave top-shelf out of the equation completely. The next day's debrief was 10pts & then I didn't surface for 4 days. Reading 2 wks back was 9 pubs, 12pints, 9hrs.

Roger 'still going strong' after 15 is impressive but, moreover, scary.

3 years ago while on Derby pub crawl, I drank 18 pints in single day and it was the experience I don't want go through again. Ended up with massive hangover for two days..

Now I tend to drink between 6 to 9 on pub crawls or 4 pints on quiet night at my local. If there is beer festival on, I may drink up to 10 pints.

Seriously I need a really good session today to numb my broken arm...
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    I've never had a hangover, even when I've gone for the beer/wine/spirits combination (though people have told me they're not much fun).
    You're lucky Rex, they're not fun. Mine are becoming increasingly aggressive and elongated as I get older, & less wise.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Sign me up for the lightweight club.I organise a Last Thursday of The Month evening drinking club but that rarely tops 5 pints,and the Last Friday equivalent in London starts earlier but if I get up to 7 there's every chance I will feel shocking next day.The key is ale quality,that why researching venues is so vital.Thanks for all your contributions.
    With the way the mighty Palace are playing at present,I need alcohol before venturing into Selhurst Park but 3 or 4 is my limit as I dont enjoy multiple trips to the gents although the chances of missing a goal are slim.
    When I am moving my boat around the canal system with a fairly motley crew,lunchtime and evening pub stops are mandatory and a half gallon lunchtime is often warranted by the lock working.Again the evening session averages 6 ,so the 10 pint boating day is the norm as long as the ale quality holds up.
    A recent exception was in Manchester when a lunchtime session in The Marble Arch led to a five pinter,one of the crew fell in going down the locks in the city centre and we moored up at Castlefields basin and carried on that evening in the Knott Bar for a further 7 before pouring into a cab to the Curry Mile.Needless to say there was a lot of pushing pints of Lees around the table the following lunchtime in Lymm........

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Another lightweight here, about 4 and I am topped up these days, normally I stick to 2 at lunchtime, but if beer is good sometimes it all slips down a treat and 4 it is. Trouble is I then have to get bus home, tightwad, no taxi, and finish up having to get off early to use loo

Thanks to the beer tax & Gordon I have a free bus pass and 200 beer tokens in winter as well

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Another lightweight here, about 4 and I am topped up these days, normally I stick to 2 at lunchtime, but if beer is good sometimes it all slips down a treat and 4 it is. Trouble is I then have to get bus home, tightwad, no taxi, and finish up having to get off early to use loo

Thanks to the beer tax & Gordon I have a free bus pass and 200 beer tokens in winter as well
    And we have to be very thankful for JDW's...
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Usually its Eight or Nine Pints when I go out for a evening session which is normally twice a week if I'm lucky depending on Rest Days off work I usually go too three Pubs and have Three Pints in each.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

As a general rule I tend to stick to a limit of four pints. I know that once I get to about five I lose the ability to say no to another.

Most I've ever had was a couple of years ago, I think I had seven pints, but it may have been eight. The young lady I was out with reckons she had seven double vodkas and two pints of cider so I must've been involved in nine rounds, but I know I wussed out and had a Coke at least once. Never again.