Ads not shown when logged in
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 561 to 569 of 569

Thread: Bloody Awful Beer Of The Week

  1. #561
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Kill The Headlights - Black Lodge. A truly awful maple and pecan porter on in The Ship And Mitre, Liverpool. It just doesn't work.
    I wonder if it's like this pudding beer. Like drinking a half of butterscotch Angel Delight.

  2. #562
    This Space For Hire Wittenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Weald of Kent
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I wonder if it's like this pudding beer. Like drinking a half of butterscotch Angel Delight.
    They're being clever for the sake of it. Doesn't tempt me.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

  3. #563
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Like drinking a half of butterscotch Angel Delight.
    To be fair, I used to do that as a kid, before it had set.
    Perhaps not these days though...

  4. #564
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    To be fair, I used to do that as a kid, before it had set.
    Perhaps not these days though...
    Me too. I also used to lick the bowl in which my mum mixed the powder and milk to make Miracle Whip for the in-sachet trifle - happy days!

  5. #565
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    5,209

    Default

    It Takes 2 To Mango from Disruption Is Brewing, a brewery I rate highly, however I think they've got this one wrong, I struggled through 2/3s of this bright orange thick alcoholic fruit juice, I'm no stranger or disliker of hazy cloudy beer but this just tasted and smelt of over ripe, sickly fruit, I'm not sure I see any resembelance between this and beer.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  6. #566
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    It Takes 2 To Mango from Disruption Is Brewing, a brewery I rate highly, however I think they've got this one wrong, I struggled through 2/3s of this bright orange thick alcoholic fruit juice, I'm no stranger or disliker of hazy cloudy beer but this just tasted and smelt of over ripe, sickly fruit, I'm not sure I see any resembelance between this and beer.
    We'll have you drinking Everards Tiger and enjoying it before too long.
    Come On You Hatters!

  7. #567
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    5,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    We'll have you drinking Everards Tiger and enjoying it before too long.
    That maybe a pint too far.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  8. #568
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    It Takes 2 To Mango from Disruption Is Brewing, a brewery I rate highly, however I think they've got this one wrong, I struggled through 2/3s of this bright orange thick alcoholic fruit juice, I'm no stranger or disliker of hazy cloudy beer but this just tasted and smelt of over ripe, sickly fruit, I'm not sure I see any resembelance between this and beer.
    There's a theme here, this being the most disgusting beer I've drunk. Obviously mango's a no-no.

  9. #569
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    5,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    There's a theme here, this being the most disgusting beer I've drunk. Obviously mango's a no-no.
    Don't mind a hint of the stuff but I think moderation is key.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Similar Threads

  1. Beer of the Week (w/e 14 Mar 2010)
    By Conrad in forum Beer of the Week
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 18-03-2010, 07:31
  2. Beer of the Week (w/e 21 Feb 2010)
    By Conrad in forum Beer of the Week
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 23-02-2010, 19:07
  3. Beer of the Week (w/e 31 Jan 2010)
    By Conrad in forum Beer of the Week
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 22:10
  4. Beer of the Week (w/e 24 Jan 2010)
    By Conrad in forum Beer of the Week
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 25-01-2010, 20:16
  5. Beer of the Week
    By oldboots in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 19-01-2010, 23:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •