Ads not shown when logged in
Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody Awful Beer Of The Week

Guinness Hop House 13 Lager.

There was a promotion on at The Baum where this was being pushed by an attractive young lady.

She was giving away free 1/3rds and a voucher for £1 off a pint.

It's supposedly a craft keg lager, but it doesn't taste of anything much at all really.

It doesn't taste like lager OR craft keg and is brewed with Mosaic, Galaxy & Topaz hops.

Do they not know there's a hop shortage and they're being totally wasted on this.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Guinness Hop House 13 Lager.

There was a promotion on at The Baum where this was being pushed by an attractive young lady.

She was giving away free 1/3rds and a voucher for £1 off a pint.

It's supposedly a craft keg lager, but it doesn't taste of anything much at all really.

It doesn't taste like lager OR craft keg and is brewed with Mosaic, Galaxy & Topaz hops.

Do they not know there's a hop shortage and they're being totally wasted on this.
    So did you use your £1.00 voucher?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    So did you use your £1.00 voucher?
    Certainly not. I had a pint of one of the 7 cask ales.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

DBC Flashman's Clout, devoid of any flavour or condition at the equally disappointing Triple Crown, Richmond.
    A very poor day in the field generally.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    ...at the equally disappointing Triple Crown, Richmond.
    Sorry to hear that. The TC has been on my West London 'to do' list for a long time.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Mc Mullens Hopping Mad

One of their seasonal ales,my tastebuds may be shot so I asked my son what he could taste .He described it as coloured water,which somehow delivers 4.5% ABV,it is certainly hop light ,if not hop free.The Hare in Harlow may have a good pub quiz but also a BABOTW.Eileen Drewery ,who managed to influence Glenn Hoddle while he was England manager used to be the landlady here.I was in need of a faith healer after downing a pint of this rubbish.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 20-11-2016 at 16:35.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Mc Mullens Hopping Mad

One of their seasonal ales,my tastebuds may be shot so I asked my son what he could taste .He described it as coloured water,which somehow delivers 4.5% ABV,it is certainly hop light ,if not hop free.The Hare in Harlow may have a good pub quiz but also a BABOTW.Eileen Drewery ,who managed to influence Glenn Hoddle while he was England manager used to be the landlady here.I was in need of a faith healer after downing a pint of this rubbish.
    IMO McMullens lost the plot years ago, so they are on my extensive AVOID list. I've got two of their pubs within fairly easy reach and haven't been to either for over 15 years..

This Space For Hire

I am going to St Albans for a pub crawl on Thursday but the McMullens-Peahen will not be visited as I agree with Aqualung and sympathise with Bucking Fastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    IMO McMullens lost the plot years ago, so they are on my extensive AVOID list. I've got two of their pubs within fairly easy reach and haven't been to either for over 15 years..
    Pity to learn this about McMullens. I haven't come across them in years: I used to enjoy their AK light mild-easy drinking, seaweedy as I recall. Not so impressed with their (best)bitter.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Pity to learn this about McMullens. I haven't come across them in years: I used to enjoy their AK light mild-easy drinking, seaweedy as I recall. Not so impressed with their (best)bitter.
    The problems for me started when they ditched a raft of their nice small country outlets and began a process of over-renovating their pubs plus charging too much for their AK & Country which are nothing more than cooking beers. Their Royal Oak in Chingford used to have a nice big public bar but they turned it into something similar to a Beefeater Inn. People I know in Chingford don't go there at all now.
    There is a Mac's house near Sevenoaks on the way to the Harvey's Bricklayers. I thought it looked horrible from the bus.
    Last edited by Aqualung; 20-11-2016 at 22:42.