Ads not shown when logged in
Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody Awful Beer Of The Week

London Pride, bloody boring.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Greene King's Morland Original - worse than their IPA?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Greene King's Morland Original - worse than their IPA?
    Morland's Bitter was a cracking session beer, very hoppy and easily gluggable. The Best wasn't bad either, a similar style but stronger. I cut my drinking teeth on Morland's beers and those of their neighbours, Brakspear's. The nauseous liquid GK brand as Morland's Original tastes nothing like any product brewed in Abingdon, there's nothing original about it at all and it's a bloody disgrace that they try to pass it off as such.

This Space For Hire

Thwaites - Wainwright.

Which is an absolute travesty because every time before this I have had it it has been an absolutely fine beer. Until I stepped foot inside the "Manchester and County" Wetherspoons on Manchester Piccadilly. Flat as a chav's tyre. It didn't taste *that* bad so I perservered but then decided instead to get a bottle to go with y fry-up. I don't mind a lager first thing.

Budweiser - Budvar.

Warm.

Clearly the fridge had just been loaded prior to me ordering. Had to leave that one half way through.

It's probably the only poor experience I've had in a Wetherspoon joint but one thing I've noticed about Manchester is the Wetherspoons are very variable and the ones nearest Piccadilly is usually the worst of the bunch.

I've never heard anyone make any complaints about the Paramount near Oxford Road Station and it usually has a fantastic selection of beers.

I now live 50 seconds walk from the main Wtherspoons on Deansgate which I consider somewhere between the two and will report on this in due time. However my experience of the Manchester and County on Piccadilly is possible worthy of a letter to JDW as I forsake around £4 of beer there.

Unfortunately this week the award goes to the usually decent Woodforde's Wherry.Just wasn't up to it.
    -W.C.Fields

BOBOTW That would be the Adnams Light House I had in a spoons it was bloody awful and sulphurous. It was the worst pint I have had in ages. Mind you it was close to the Doom Bar I had in the same spoons to replace it that was not much better.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

BABOTW this week is McMullen Cask Ale ,thin ,tasteless and quite frankly bloody awful.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

I had to leave 2 thirds of a pint of Landlord at a Castlefield pub yesterday due to not being able to get away from shrieking kids.

A very poor pint of Mighty Oak Snake in the Glass in Mile End yesterday,brewery description ,a golden refreshing Pale Ale.My description based on yesterdays pint,insipid flat and unrefreshingly warm,not helped by being served in a plastic glass. A bit early to nominate just yet, but I really hope I dont have anything worse.
    -W.C.Fields

Adnams Flame Runner Yet again in the spoons. It tasted like someone had left there sweaty trainers in it and it was cloudy as mud. I returned it and exchanged it for a Pint of Pride which was not much better slightly cloudy but drinkable.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)