Ads not shown when logged in
Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody Awful Beer Of The Week

Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    Milton Brewery
    Some interesting comments:Milton was a new brewery for me when I had a pint of Sparta early this year in The Prince Albert . I can't speak about any other of their beers, but I found Sparta to have a pleasant nettley hop rate,with juicy malt. I would have had more, but I was driving.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

I've had a few Milton beers down the years and I've found most of them passable, without being anything special. However, I'm quite partial to a pint of Nero, which is their take on an oat stout.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire

Other opinions are equally valid. cheers john

Never tried Milton so to be perverse I'll check them out if I can. I have sadly had Fuggle Bunny Oh Crumbs, a sweet yucky mess, a real stinker, never again etc.

I've had good and bad from Milton brewery. The best was on 26th January 2013, when I was in The White Lion in Norwich, drinking a pint of Pegasus just as Luton's winner was scored. More recently I had an ok couple of halves in The Coalheavers Arms near Peterborough. And just last week a pretty poor pint of Minotaur at Sheffield's Red Deer.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

I didn't think it was possible to make a beer which tastes of nothing at all, until I tried GK's hopeless and hopless Purple Reign last night. I wonder if they got the person whose birthday it celebrates to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    I didn't think it was possible to make a beer which tastes of nothing at all, until I tried GK's hopeless and hopless Purple Reign last night. I wonder if they got the person whose birthday it celebrates to try it.
    Why do they persist in turning this crap out?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Why do they persist in turning this crap out?
    And of course there are potential unintended consequences like it being interpreted as a tribute to the unexpected death of an American pop music icon. I had to endure a pint of their George and Flagon earlier in the week and that was rubbish!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I had to endure a pint of their George and Flagon earlier in the week and that was rubbish!
    Me and the wife managed to drink four pints of George and the Flagon in our local Spoons last Saturday and it went down well,i even commented to my wife that it was a GK beer so may not be that good,there were no complaints from the wife so it must have been a decent drink.
    It may be the case that me and my wife are not too picky over want real ales we drink,but i really would not like to think so.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    It may be the case that me and my wife are not too picky over want real ales we drink,but i really would not like to think so.
    Not at all There's a bloke in my local Spoons who also tries all the real ales and you can guarantee that if he likes one I probably won't and vice-versa. I haven't been around much there lately but I'm sure he would have really liked the George and Flagon. Neither of us are right and neither of us are wrong. He does drink the occasional John Smith's smooth crap, probably because it's cheaper. I think we would both condemn him for that although I don't think I've ever actually tried it!