Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
I don't often post a BABOTW of my own on here as most rubbish beer (excluding sours) is poor because for whatever reason it's not been served in good condition. On my last night in Wales I was determined to try the budget option which was Hancock's HB. There seems to be doubt about the strength of it, I'm sure it said 3.5% in the pub, Google reveals 3.6% and the GBG says 3.7%. Whatever, it cost £2.40 and wasn't worth half of that. It came up clear, fresh and looked fine. The trouble was that the only taste was a weak malty flavour with no hop flavour or aroma whatsoever. It made the usual roll call of boring brown beers seem positively interesting. It's brewed by Brains for the global abomination Molson Coors. I can only think that Brains must think that because it doesn't have their name on it people won't associate it with them.
Used to show up in M&B (in their Six Continents period) pubs all over the place 10 or 15 years ago, and indeed I see Beermad reports it as a defunct (obviously not) ex Bass affair. It struck me at the time as a undemanding session beer, little you could say for or against it. But even if its the same stuff it probably wouldn't be worth a second look nowadays. Unless the other pump is London bleedin Pride.