Ads not shown when logged in
Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody Awful Beer Of The Week

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Brodies -southside zester is without a shadow of a doubt the worst beer I have had this year.Brodies have this habit of experimenting and then making the public pay for the result.No doubt someone on Ratebeer will love it but alcoholic lemon juice is not really a beer imo.
    I've had some lemon flavoured beers over the years that I've rather enjoyed, Salopian Lemon Dream being a more recent one. The real turkeys from Brodie's are the sour beers. I really don't think I could drink a pint of any of them.
    I've had tasters of several of them and they were all vile. It got to the point in the William where when a new one came out I would ask if it was worth having a taste to be told no, so I gave up even asking in the end.
    This year's Xmas beer was a spiced sour which sounds the biggest turkey of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I've had some lemon flavoured beers over the years that I've rather enjoyed, Salopian Lemon Dream being a more recent one. The real turkeys from Brodie's are the sour beers. I really don't think I could drink a pint of any of them.
    I've had tasters of several of them and they were all vile. It got to the point in the William where when a new one came out I would ask if it was worth having a taste to be told no, so I gave up even asking in the end.
    This year's Xmas beer was a spiced sour which sounds the biggest turkey of all.
    The Lemon Dream was good when tried at The GBBF this year. Tried Brodies latest stout Monday 6%(cant remember its name) and quite good.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Brodies -southside zester is without a shadow of a doubt the worst beer I have had this year.Brodies have this habit of experimenting and then making the public pay for the result.No doubt someone on Ratebeer will love it but alcoholic lemon juice is not really a beer imo.
    In fairness the guy behind the bar In Brewdog did warn me but my addiction to try new beers even though I have said to myself no more saisons no more sours overrules commonsense at times.I cant even claim it as a new beer as I couldn't get it down. cheers john

Celt Experience - Coco Orange Paganisim 7.1%, no real flavour at all. A very poor Porter.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I cant even claim it as a new beer as I couldn't get it down. cheers john
    I did wonder about that, does a new beer "count" if you can't drink it?

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

A Beaver beer at the George, Strand. Possibly 'Dam Tasty Beaver Beer'; I recall summat about orange peel on the pumpclip, waited a while to be served a half (plenty of folk pretending to do something behind bar at 17:00 NYE, only one person doing somthing like serving customers), arriving at £2.05 for my half. I had a sip, left probably £1.98 in the glass, and left. To be fair, they did also have a rarely spotted (in London) Old Dairy offering, and the Blue Top had earlier gone down fairly well.

This Space For Hire

I did wonder about that, does a new beer "count" if you can't drink it?
    We all set our own rules but mine is 1/3 is a legal measure so that's my minimum. So no I don't count any beer if I cant force down a third and I have found quite a lot of beers that I struggle to finish but rarely fail.The sour beers are always a struggle as I have an aversion to sour things in general.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    A Beaver beer at the George, Strand. Possibly 'Dam Tasty Beaver Beer'; I recall summat about orange peel on the pumpclip, waited a while to be served a half (plenty of folk pretending to do something behind bar at 17:00 NYE, only one person doing somthing like serving customers), arriving at £2.05 for my half. I had a sip, left probably £1.98 in the glass, and left. To be fair, they did also have a rarely spotted (in London) Old Dairy offering, and the Blue Top had earlier gone down fairly well.
    This beer is brewed by the Florence brewpub.When my granddaughter Florence was born I decided to go to South London to find my first Florence beer and I had Beaver which I commented on Scoopgen that it was a bit like Florences nappies a bit shitty.They now call it Dam tasty beaver which I tried in the Paxton Herne Hill and commented dam tastless beaver imo.I totally agree with your BABOTW. CHEERS JOHN

We all set our own rules but mine is 1/3 is a legal measure so that's my minimum. So no I don't count any beer if I cant force down a third and I have found quite a lot of beers that I struggle to finish but rarely fail.The sour beers are always a struggle as I have an aversion to sour things in general.
    No wonder you don't like my comments on these forums!
    I had a smoked beer today by C&F which was in good nick but quite honestly I didn't really enjoy. I could manage to drink it unlike the sours. As far as I'm concerned this is another style of beer that should be exterminated only I didn't have a sore throat today or a handy sink plunger.

This Space For Hire

No wonder you don't like my comments on these forums!
    I had a smoked beer today by C&F which was in good nick but quite honestly I didn't really enjoy. I could manage to drink it unlike the sours. As far as I'm concerned this is another style of beer that should be exterminated only I didn't have a sore throat today or a handy sink plunger.
    Beavertown -smog Rocket a smoked porter yum yum .Just got knocked off my top beers in 6th place.