Ads not shown when logged in
Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody Awful Beer Of The Week

Nothing discernably wrong with the beer, so BABOTW to Hardknott Cool Fusion. Just didn't get what this was meant to be, there was a bit of ginger, some sourness and spices and didn't even taste of beer particularly. Shame as I'd heard good things about this brewery.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewguru View Post
    Nothing discernably wrong with the beer, so BABOTW to Hardknott Cool Fusion. Just didn't get what this was meant to be, there was a bit of ginger, some sourness and spices and didn't even taste of beer particularly. Shame as I'd heard good things about this brewery.
    ...ah, it's not just beer, it's craft
    beer.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    ...ah, it's not just beer, it's craft
    beer.
    Funny you should mention the "C" word, another contender for the BABOTW was a saison. Maybe I just like brewers yeast, malt and hops. Call me old fashioned if you will.

Naw, it's rubbish see post #306 for my thoughts

Funny you should mention the "C" word, another contender for the BABOTW was a saison. Maybe I just like brewers yeast, malt and hops. Call me old fashioned if you will.
    Brodie's have done numerous "sour" beers, almost entirely on keykeg. I blagged a taste of a fruit one about a month ago and to me it tasted completely rank. I've had and still encounter enough vinegary pints in my time without seeking any more out!

On the other hand the Caramel Salt beer was fine, as was the dark wheat flavoured with chillis but sour beers no way.

This Space For Hire

Hardknott beers are usually good imo but I agree its a weird flavour.I just checked Ratebeer and its the lowest rated of his 30 +beers.He keeps brewing it so someone obviously likes it.

Two contenders this week, but I only had to pay for one, so that will win.

In Soup Kitchen I ordered a pint of Happy Valley Small & Mighty which was fine.

After a bit of a chat about beer the barmaid offered me a taster of a craft keg special they had in the back room, she actually brought me a half.

It was absolute filth, cloudy, sour, citrus, peach and god knows what else was in there. I couldn't drink it.

It was a collaboration between Happy Valley and Weird Beards. I've had beer from both before and they've been fine.

I'd stay on your own lads.

BABOTW winner though is Quantum Small Beer tried in The Font

I had two halves of different beers in here and both were well kept and clear.

The Quantum had the double whammy of tasting of nothing at all when drinking it and then leaving a foul aftertase.

How do you do that guys! It's crap.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

BABOTW was the Salisbury Sarum IPA I had at The Eagle on Saturday. It tasted of corn syrup! Given the Eagle is Hampshire CAMRA POTY I suspect it wasn't their fault!!

I really should have learnt by now to avoid anything brewed by the Warwickshire Beer Company. Everything of theirs I've tried starts ok but by the second half of the pint is invariably foul and tainted by a vile tang. My local tried a number of their beers and, like me, gave up in the end as most people found the same thing.
    Anyhow, I hadn't tried one of theirs for a couple of years and thought it worth giving it another go as surely there must have been some improvement. No. BABOTW Warwickshire Beer Company Ballstitcher IPA was tried in The Merchants, which has a very good reputation and where I've never had a badly kept beer, and was all but undrinkable.

Described as an IPA ,I found Three Tuns - Clerics Cure not in the slightest bit enjoyable,a harsh bitterness gave way to sickly sweet caramel, the two didnt marry at all for me. Most definitely BABOTW.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields