Ads not shown when logged in
Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody Awful Beer Of The Week

This Space For Hire

Allsopp's Pale Ale - not sure if it was the beer or the way it was handled, but nevertheless...

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Allsopp's Pale Ale - not sure if it was the beer or the way it was handled, but nevertheless...
    This was on at Perch, a new pub in Sheffield owned by Dead Parrot brewery. I learned that they get their guest beers by swapping their own. The Allsopp's Pale was underwhelming but certainly not as bad as your vomiting emoji implies, so I would suggest that cellarage may have had something to do with your bad experience. The newspaper article doesn't specify which pub you were drinking in - care to enlighten us?
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    This was on at Perch, a new pub in Sheffield owned by Dead Parrot brewery. I learned that they get their guest beers by swapping their own. The Allsopp's Pale was underwhelming but certainly not as bad as your vomiting emoji implies, so I would suggest that cellarage may have had something to do with your bad experience. The newspaper article doesn't specify which pub you were drinking in - care to enlighten us?
    The Wilton Arms - I suspect cellarage may have been the issue, given Nev's obvious enjoyment of the stuff nearly a year earlier. Given the number of customers here, perhaps I was drinking the same barrel as him; I've never experienced a head like loft insulation. It's like the scum I used to get floating on the Boots homebrew in the '80s.

This Space For Hire

Whitstable Bay Ruby Ale on keg at The Duke of York.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Allslopps sounds nearer the.mark.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Allslopps sounds nearer the.mark.
    Yeah. I've had it since and it's actually very good. This was clearly an issue with cellaring.

This Space For Hire

Wild weather-banana milkshake ipa on cask at the Weather Station Reading was this year's worst beer by a long way.

Wild weather-banana milkshake ipa on cask at the Weather Station Reading was this year's worst beer by a long way.
    Why would you even ask for a beer with a name like that? It can only be horrible. But you don't need me to tell you that - you know!
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Strangly enough the best beer I have had this year was orange milkshake ipa from the same company hence the purchase although I was a.bit apprehensive as it was a banana beer.got to live dangerously sometimes.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Why would you even ask for a beer with a name like that? It can only be horrible. But you don't need me to tell you that - you know!
    Had the Wild Weather Maple Latte oatmeal stout at the Southampton last night. The barman warned me that it was very sweet, so I went for a half and by golly he wasn't joking; it was like drinking a half pint of Tiramisu. The Weather Station's website describes it as being '...brewed with honey, maple and infused with locally roasted single origin coffee. Sweet and rich with chocolate tones and a gentle smoky finish'.