Ads not shown when logged in
Page 38 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another list

This Space For Hire

I also thought Courage best was a great beer and drank it on hand pump maybe 1980 to 1985 in the Royal Tar Brentford.Before that Worthingtons E poss keg in a little pub in Fulham a stones throw from the White Horse Parsons green.Another couple of memorable beers were Brew X1 on a couple of visits to Blackpool served from a metered pump and even Double Diamond drank every Sunday in a hotel in Dundee when pubs were not allowed to open on the Sabbath Rip-off prices in the hotel bars on sunday probably 13 or 14p a pint.
    Last edited by london calling; 07-11-2016 at 20:26.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    and even Double Diamond drank every Sunday in a hotel in Dundee when pubs were not allowed to open on the Sabbath Rip-off prices in the hotel bars on sunday probably 13 or 14p a pint.
    Are you drunk?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Are you drunk?
    Not at those bloody prices :-)
    I drink to make others more interesting

I used to regularly drink Worthington E at the Royal Oak (then a Gibbs Mew house) in Salisbury. Gibbs were all keg at the time, and E was a welcomed addition on a few of Gibbs' bar counters. I seem to remember it was indeed Draught Bass under a different name. In fact, the Royal Oak's solitary handpump did dispense Draught Bass in the latter years of Gibbs' ownership.
    Nigel Rowe

This Space For Hire

Are you drunk?
    This was 1971 and pubs were not allowed to open on sundays.You could get a pint of heavy(bitter) for 10 or 11p in a pub.These are decimal prices as they change in 1971.The hotel bars were the craft rip-off bars of the past.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
    I used to regularly drink Worthington E at the Royal Oak (then a Gibbs Mew house) in Salisbury. Gibbs were all keg at the time, and E was a welcomed addition on a few of Gibbs' bar counters. I seem to remember it was indeed Draught Bass under a different name. In fact, the Royal Oak's solitary handpump did dispense Draught Bass in the latter years of Gibbs' ownership.
    They were the same beer apparently but strangely few people noticed.

This was 1971 and pubs were not allowed to open on sundays.You could get a pint of heavy(bitter) for 10 or 11p in a pub.These are decimal prices as they change in 1971.The hotel bars were the craft rip-off bars of the past.
    I was talking about the DD, but I take your point.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

I was talking about the DD, but I take your point.
    Unsurprisingly most people didn't like the taste but I enjoyed it and it was at the time quite a rare and imo exotic beer around Dundee.Who brewed it at that time?

Unsurprisingly most people didn't like the taste but I enjoyed it and it was at the time quite a rare and imo exotic beer around Dundee.Who brewed it at that time?
    Wasn't DD the keg form of Ind Coope Draught Burton Ale? I think DBA 'evolved' from DD which in turn evolved from a historic beer.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Wasn't DD the keg form of Ind Coope Draught Burton Ale? I think DBA 'evolved' from DD which in turn evolved from a historic beer.
    I was told back in the day that Burton was BOTTLED Double Diamond and that the keg product was totally different.

Anyone remember the DD Is K9P badges?