Ads not shown when logged in
Page 31 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another list

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Where is the Bell?
    Here.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Yeah that looks good.Sorry, I meant the Beehive ?

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Yeah that looks good.Sorry, I meant the Beehive ?
    That one's Here. Not been there myself and the recent beers mentioned by psm, don't really get me going.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 21-08-2016 at 22:44.
    -W.C.Fields

Late to the feast;only done 5, and the White Horse in the 70s on what I fondly believe was the original Whats Brewing 'Crawl'.My visits to london nowdays are very limited, and mainly on the Waterloo/London Bridge/Liverpool St Axis, with some deviation towards the Harp.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Bit surprised to find I've been to all but three of them - the Draft House branches in Hammersmith and Fitzrovia (Charlotte) and Storm Bird in Camberwell. As far as these lists go, I'd say this is a pretty good one - a nice mix of pub styles and not many duds.

Nine for me - I think.

I've often thought that there ought to be a pretty good crawl to be had around the central parts of London using existing tube and overground railways. Someone with better knowledge of the worthwhile pubs should propose it for a PuG crawl - how about next March?

Just taking as examples some of the few pubs on this list that I've actually been to: The Southampton Arms is a brisk five minute stroll from Gospel Oak station; Tapping the Admiral is even closer to Kentish Town West; Euston Tap is obviously handily placed for a number of lines; The Old Red Cow is not far from Barbican.

Looking at the map handily embedded in the list, there's the Draft House Charlotte just round the corner from Goodge Street tube; The Harp is easily reached from Leicester Square; Farrs School of Dancing is pretty close to Dalston Junction.

Of course I'm not in any way saying that the above examples should be on a crawl, they are just examples of how London's existing transport links could easily be exploited for a potentially excellent crawl. It's just a matter of picking a round dozen of the best and working out a route. Volunteers?
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I've often thought that there ought to be a pretty good crawl to be had around the central parts of London using existing tube and overground railways. Someone with better knowledge of the worthwhile pubs should propose it for a PuG crawl - how about next March?

Just taking as examples some of the few pubs on this list that I've actually been to: The Southampton Arms is a brisk five minute stroll from Gospel Oak station; Tapping the Admiral is even closer to Kentish Town West; Euston Tap is obviously handily placed for a number of lines; The Old Red Cow is not far from Barbican.

Looking at the map handily embedded in the list, there's the Draft House Charlotte just round the corner from Goodge Street tube; The Harp is easily reached from Leicester Square; Farrs School of Dancing is pretty close to Dalston Junction.

Of course I'm not in any way saying that the above examples should be on a crawl, they are just examples of how London's existing transport links could easily be exploited for a potentially excellent crawl. It's just a matter of picking a round dozen of the best and working out a route. Volunteers?
    I would certainly be up for this if we went for it, I could look at a couple of proposed routes but I reckon London Calling is your man, he certainly pulled out some corkers on the last two trips I've joined him on,
    John?
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post

I stuck this crawl along the North London Overground line on the site recently.I am sure it can be improved upon,but I put it up as a starter for 10.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/crawl/vi...php?crawl=1284
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

I have done plenty of trips on the London Overground line but the problem is the trains are at set times and if you dawdle cause you like a pub you miss the train then wait ages for the next one.On a pubs galore trip it would be tricky.The tubes are more consistent but you have a lot of walking down and then up at a lot of stations.Adds a lot of time on between pubs.The best bet is buses.There is a great list of pubs accessed by the no 38. I will post some later this week.As there are quite a few Galoreateers who post about London it may be difficult to get new (good)pubs and may be more of a social thing for them.London in March suits me.