Ads not shown when logged in
Page 145 of 237 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2361

Thread: Yet another list

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Couldn't get the Streetview link to work, but the pointer seemed to be on the Royal Garden Hotel, which was indeed where we were staying. Ghastly corporate do, my employers requiring a corporate pat on the back and coercing us employees to do the patting. All expenses paid, but me and the two colleagues pictured had a hard time pursuading them to pay the hire charges for the tuxedos. I said, you pay or we're not going. So they paid.

We went to the Churchill before getting changed, but during the event I couldn't stand it any longer and slipped out (in full fig) to the Prince of Wales just round the corner, where nobody batted an eyelid so it's obviously not unusual.
    I doubt pubs round here would bat an eyelid at anyone wearing black tie, especially not one in fairly close proximity to the Royal Albert Hall.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

This is what I looked like that night:http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/attac...0&d=1576103035
    Were you working the door Will..?

This Space For Hire

Three for me and as well as drinking in the Churchill the landlord phoned me to repair his broken window .Nasty drunken customer broke it apparently so nobody we know then?

Default Guardian list of 10 winter walks with pubs

The Guardian travel section published this list of 10 winter walks with "the promise of a pub fire ".

The Three Chimneys
    Kinlochewe Hotel
    The Church Inn
    The Pine Marten Bar
    The Angel
    Five Bells and The Swan
    The Tinners Arms
    Wilf's Cafe (not a pub) or Eagle & Child Hotel
    Dick Hudsons
    The Old Inn and Grace Neills Bar

(I've been to three of the 12 pubs mentioned in the piece: Kinlochewe Hotel, Church Inn at Chelmorton and the Eagle & Child in Staveley.)
    Come On You Hatters!

The Guardian travel section published this list of 10 winter walks with "the promise of a pub fire ".

The Three Chimneys
    Kinlochewe Hotel
    The Church Inn
    The Pine Marten Bar
    The Angel
    Five Bells and The Swan
    The Tinners Arms
    Dick Hudsons

(I've been to three of the 12 pubs mentioned in the piece: Kinlochewe Hotel, Church Inn at Chelmorton and the Eagle & Child in Staveley.)
    Just The Three Chimneys for me,and for the last 48 years! Something of a love hate relationship,as it is not as it was.Plus point,all cask beers are served from Gravity,minus point, their temperature control is erratic,so my visits tend to be in Autumn or Winter.
    Also, the walk looks a bit roady for me.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

The Three Chimneys
    Kinlochewe Hotel
    The Church Inn
    The Pine Marten Bar
    The Angel
    Five Bells and The Swan
    The Tinners Arms
    Dick Hudsons

Kinlochewe Hotel and the Tinners Arms (in 1977!).

As it's in the Guardian I expect they'll be mostly pub themed middle class tosspottery restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    As it's in the Guardian I expect they'll be mostly pub themed middle class tosspottery restaurants.
    My, we're grumpy today, aren't we?

None of the three I've been in would fit your description, and from the look I've had at the Pine Marten Bar's website I'd be surprised if that one did either.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Just the Three Chimneys for me, and that was long ago when it was decidedly unspoilt. I remember being slightly disappointed when the aged agricultural in the corner, who looked like he had left his carthorse outside, drove off in a Range Rover!
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Just the Three Chimneys for me, and that was long ago when it was decidedly unspoilt. I remember being slightly disappointed when the aged agricultural in the corner, who looked like he had left his carthorse outside, drove off in a Range Rover!
    Not me,honest!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post

Imagine then what the list would look like if it had been compiled by the Telegraph - this is middle class tosspottery, but with a social conscience!