Ads not shown when logged in
Page 106 of 237 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2361

Thread: Yet another list

This Space For Hire

Thirty definites for me and a few possibles.Think they have went for good looking pubs.Hamilton Hall looks particularly good .

Here's a random list of re-opened/refurbed pubs. 0 for me though I had been in the original Gun.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Here's a random list of re-opened/refurbed pubs. 0 for me though I had been in the original Gun.
    0 for me too but I'm going to York on Wednesday so hopefully I'll be in the Market Cat at some stage. They're on the ball as the Lane Head only opened this weekend.

None for me, though I'd been to the Lamarsh Lion about 10 years ago,before I was posting on this site.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Only one for me the Rusty Bucket last summer. It's well worth a visit.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Just the one for me - Groove Pad, Otley. However, I'm surprised to see it on the list, as it's nothing special. Still, it made me finish my review, which had been festering in my documents for a few weeks.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I've been to the Green Man in Ashbourne, but only when it was a fairly large hotel, with two distinct bars. The new pub is in what used to be occupied by the Leatherbritches Brewery in the back yard, so I've opened it as a new pub rather than a reincarnation of the old one. Unusually, the new owners have named the pub as the Greenman (it's usually two words). This, together with the new Queen's Vaults, gives me a new reason to visit Ashbourne again. If only to take a photo to confirm whether it's Queen's Vaults (photo on WhatPub) or The Queen's Vaults (photo on Facebook).
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I've been to the Green Man in Ashbourne, but only when it was a fairly large hotel, with two distinct bars. The new pub is in what used to be occupied by the Leatherbritches Brewery in the back yard, so I've opened it as a new pub rather than a reincarnation of the old one. Unusually, the new owners have named the pub as the Greenman (it's usually two words). This, together with the new Queen's Vaults, gives me a new reason to visit Ashbourne again. If only to take a photo to confirm whether it's Queen's Vaults (photo on WhatPub) or The Queen's Vaults (photo on Facebook).
    Well that's completely ruined my completed all pubs in Ashbourne Town Centre visit from 2016.

This Space For Hire

Here's an interesting article in Hidden-London.com looking at the real ages of the many pubs claiming to be the oldest in London. How surprising that, with a couple of exceptions, most of the famous "olde worlde" ones are bogus for one reason or another!

And their final list of the oldest 10:

The Seven Stars Carey Street, WC2
    The Olde Wine Shades Martin Lane, EC4
    Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese Fleet Street, EC4
    The Old Bell Tavern Fleet Street, EC4
    The George Inn Borough High Street, SE1
    The Hoop and Grapes Aldgate High Street, EC3
    The Spaniards Inn Spaniards Road, NW3
    The Lamb and Flag Rose Street, WC2
    The Grapes Narrow Street, E14
    The Guinea Bruton Place,

I don't think I have visited the Wine Shades, which is part of El Vinos nowadays and may not even sell beer, but glad to say that I have been to all the rest.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post

the Wine Shades, which is part of El Vinos nowadays and may not even sell beer,
    They do sell beer and cider.