Ads not shown when logged in
Page 122 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2361

Thread: Yet another list

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    My 1988 GBG has Godson's Draught Excluder and Chudley's Local Line brewed by Gibbs Mew, as blogged later by B&B. It notes that they took the beers on when Godson Chudley closed in 1987. Draught Excluder is listed as 1066 OG, pokey stuff indeed.

I doubt the beers/brands still exist as trademarks but if they do they'd belong to Marstons via Ushers and Wychwood.
    My visit to the Sekforde Arms would have been 1983 or 1984. As B & B suggest they all mixed up and merged. I was taken by the Draught Excluder name due to it's play on words (a warming strong ale or a lethal draught ale). The 1982 GBG mentions a Godson's Stock Ale with an OG of 1084. I definitely never got to try that one!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I was taken by the Draught Excluder name due to its play on words
    I wonder if Godson's started the fashion for humorous names - GBH, Draught Excluder? Or was it David Bruce's fault - Dog Bolter &c?

I'm sure we've done this one before in one form or another, anyhow all the usual suspects are here and done them all except the French House which I will have to put right soon just so I can say I've done the lot.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I'm sure we've done this one before in one form or another, anyhow all the usual suspects are here and done them all except the French House which I will have to put right soon just so I can say I've done the lot.
    Ditto. Shame the list of 22 is not shown.
    Some inviting photography here...

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Having made a big effort to tick off some famous London pubs over the last year,I'm in the same boat as moby and trainman with just The French House unreviewed.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Having made a big effort to tick off some famous London pubs over the last year,I'm in the same boat as moby and trainman with just The French House unreviewed.
    Think I've done the list apart from the Grapes which I tried to visit but ended up walking in the wrong direction! I was last in the Nags Head in 1986 so don't recall it, but it looks very appealing.

It does look familiar but I've not been to the French House or the Grapes and haven't been to any of them in recent years.

This Space For Hire

Another London list and more interesting and comprehensive than most with plenty here for many of our most intrepid reviewers to get their teeth into - I really must get to the Palm Tree...

https://www.timeout.com/london/bars-...pubs-in-london

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Another London list and more interesting and comprehensive than most with plenty here for many of our most intrepid reviewers to get their teeth into - I really must get to the Palm Tree...

That a list of good pubs.Need 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post

I make it 25 for me, some in the last 10 years but most in the distant past. Some have changed their names since my visit. Since when was Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese in Smithfield? There seems to be something of a bias towards Stoke Newington and surrounding areas.